Wow!! Eye opener about Mountain Dew!!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL!

Yes, high fructose corn syrup is bad for you. But that's a gross exaggeration.

I drink soda (especially Mountain Dew) regularly and I am, by all accounts, healthy.

Huh.....we used to mix it with Southern Comfort b/c it wasn't sweet enough on it's own.....LOL. Now THAT was poison.

High fructose corn syrup is in sooo much food. Mountain dew shouldn't be the only one picked one. It's really hard to digest so it's a problem.

Please keep in mind that the article/blog is about High Fructose Corn Syrup...not specifically Mountain Dew. There are a LOT of foods and drinks that contain this, even some fruit juices.

I believe the rats in the study were fed pure High Fructose Corn Syrup and nothing but High Fructose Corn Syrup. Anyone would become sick under those circumstances. But, it's hard to say since the article/blog doesn't specify. IMO, it's hardly a reliable source.

Originally Posted by lglala84 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I don't drink Mountain Dew...I drink Sprite though...does it have the same thing? Yes, Sprite contains High Fructose Corn Syrup.

Originally Posted by Annia /img/forum/go_quote.gif mountain dew never tasted that good to me.
I love water.

Drinking water makes me feel nauseous! I can feel it sloshing around in my stomach. lol.

Originally Posted by StereoXGirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif Drinking water makes me feel nauseous! I can feel it sloshing around in my stomach. lol. yikes, that sounds pretty gross. haha
I love water though, it keeps me hydrated.

Here are my favorite drinks:

Tea (hot tea)

Water

Coffee/hot cocoa

Wine/champagne

Scotch/Whisky

Beer

I really don't drink anything else.. like juice or soda.
smile.gif

I think the article is just picking on mountain dew though, it's pretty much in anything even canned fruit etc.

I love Mountain Dew infact I'm drinking it right now. I'm healthy. I don't drink it too often. I usually drink tea and water.

I was thinking about all of the things that I grew up on that haven't killed me yet. Things I have used for years that all of a sudden are "bad". They have always been bad but what these days isn't. How many "all natural" organic things do you use a day. Several years back, coffee was bad, now it's not. Eggs were evil, now they aren't. Even cold meds that we have given children for decades is now dangerous??? Good Lord, I'm still here and fairly healthy.

uhhmm a little overexaggerated i think :S

There's a lot of stuff in the world that are bad for us.. basically too much of anything is bad.. I guess it's MD's turn to be picked on now...

Basically I just pass on Diet Soda's... reason being: I'd rather die from sugar than from aspartame..
marchmellow.gif

girl, if we stop eating, drinking, wearing, using, breathing everything that they have showed studies of being bad for your health, we would all just be big piles of matter living under a rock. now, which way would you rather die?

Back