Best flat iron to use?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Any suggestions other than the Chi. I owned a 1" KQC but it broke when I was in Europe and attempted to use a current converter.

Two years ago, I bought a 2'' Jilbere de Paris straightener from Sallys Beauty for around sixty dollars and I absolutely loved it. It gets very hot and lasts forever. Last month, I cut my hair really short and had to buy a smaller straightener and I bought another Jilbere without any hesitation.

GHD from ghd works wonders! My hair is crazy and it comes silky straight with it... kinda expensive but worth it in the long run.

i love the ion hair straightner form sallys they are pretty well priced and they work amazingly

plus they have variable heat so i can straigten my bangs with out fear of them sticking out foreward

Ted Gibson makes one for $225 - do you think it would be better than the cheaper ones?

My mom, sister and I all owned CHI's but all of them broke (mine in Malaysia, my sister's after a mere 2 months, and my mom's after about 1 year). After that I tried the Sedu and the Solia (both at folica.com). I like the Sedu, but i LOVE the Solia, I've had the same one since early 2005 and my mom and sister have both had theirs for nearly 2 years now...

I'd definitely say Solia, it's about $90, but well worth it.

I have GHD, I've had it about 3 years and it's still going strong. My hair is easy to get straight, and I've only tried one other brand -remmington. I found the GHD better than the remmington and it can get my friends coarse tightly curled hair silky straight with less effort than other straighteners she's used.

And damn well should be good considering what I payed for it!

Originally Posted by RnBqueen /img/forum/go_quote.gif I'd say Sedu. u can get it by folica.com Ditto on Sedu! Folica.com

I use a Remington. I love it because you can dry your hair with it so it doesn't look frizzy
smile.gif

I've never heard of Ted Gibson. Personally if I was to buy a straightener again I would buy either a Paul Mitchell or a GHD, preferably GHD.

I own a remington straightner and i love it. not only does it work great but its pink and brown too lol

oh and the conair straigheners ALWAYS break

Thanks for the suggestions guys! I think I'm going to go to Trade Secrets and actually try what they sell out.

I have bought lots of straightners from hot tools, conair, remmington, and others. my favorite of all times is my jilbere deparis tourmaline series from sally's. It cost 60.00 and during the time you got a free fold up jilbere blow dryer. I never use the blow dryer because I just got the conair infinity 1875, but the flat iron is excellent!! If it ever quits working i'm going to get a Paul Mitchelle.

I use Remington, S1031 Sleek and Curl. I love it. A very good price for a flat iron which straights and also makes beautiful curls! Also the box is beautiful and there is a dvd in it in which are explained some tips to make hair curl and to create wavy hair.

Back