Secretly worried

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So My son in law called me last Tuesday. He was doing fine. He calls my daughter about 4-5 times a week and me around 2 times a week. Neither one of us have heard from him since Tuesday now which is very unlike him. I am playing it down for her sake but I am worried. I suppose if anything were wrong they would have already called her by now. I am probably being silly but can't help it. He has never gone this long without calling and he doesn't have internet access in Iraq. He did in Kuwait and we IM'd daily. Just say your prayers and hope that they are having phone problems for me, Ok?

Wow... you both are lucky. I have a best friend in Afghanstan and he is only allowed to call home to his parents or wife once every 15 days. Could that be a rule though? I know he would call more if he were allowed. I don't know.

i'm not sure what he does exactly, but i know when toby was in iraq, they'd randomly send him on these errands/missions for days, and sometimes weeks, at a time without giving anyone notice (me or his family) cuz he didn't have the chance. i'm sure that's all it is, but i'm praying for him, anyway. keep us posted
heart.gif

Originally Posted by bella1342 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Wow... you both are lucky. I have a best friend in Afghanstan and he is only allowed to call home to his parents or wife once every 15 days. Could that be a rule though? I know he would call more if he were allowed. I don't know. Anthony has a cell phone that he bought over there. There are days when he will call her 2 or 3 times so I don't know why your friend can't call more. Even before he had the cell phone, he used a calling card and the Army phones 3 or 4 times a week.

KellyB I'll pray for you, but I'm sure everything is alright.

Things come up, and they can't always get to a phone for "personal" time.

and bella1342 is right, they sometimes make rules depending on the circumstances, limiting phone/internet use.

I'm keeping him in my thoughts and prayers Kelly! I'm sure he's out in the field or something and maybe they DO have restrictions on phone use for safety reasons. I know it's hard, but try not to worry!

i'm sure it's nothing... he prob just got sent on a mission and really can't call.. u said he has a cell phone maybe no connection? or he lost it? could be alot of thing's dont worry sweetie... i'm sure he's fine but i will be praying for him... keep us updated.

You're right that they would have notified you by now if anything bad happened to him directly... not exactly his unit. I don't even know how that cell phone thing works, cause my husband NEVER got a cell or anyone he knew. But they do get a little more leeway in Kuwait.

Anyway, Thomas told me that they shut down ALL communication (I'm not sure if it's just to the US or just out of Iraq completely) when they are about to attack the enemy.... For obvious reasons, there may be a mole that lets them know (and there is A LOT). There's a lot of things they can't even say over the phone, like if anyone got hurt, anything really, except maybe personal issues.

I'm sure if he had time, he would def. contact you guys.

hugss.gif
hope you hear from him very very soon.

I freaked out too when Thomas first got there, he was in KW for a couple weeks when he called me every other day and then it stopped. I was like WTF? But then I would get calls whenever his Sgt Major or command would let him use the work phone or if he had time to go to the phone station. And just remember there are THOUSANDS of other people trying to call home too, so he could just not be able to.

Originally Posted by La_Mari /img/forum/go_quote.gif You're right that they would have notified you by now if anything bad happened to him directly... not exactly his unit. I don't even know how that cell phone thing works, cause my husband NEVER got a cell or anyone he knew. But they do get a little more leeway in Kuwait.
He bought the phone there and it's worked great until now. He isn't in Kuwait anymore. He has been in Iraq for 2 weeks. Honestly, I didn't even think about them being on a mission or attacking then of course he wouldn't be able to call....duh...What did I think they did over there?? I guess we got spoiled cuz he was calling sooo often and now nothing. I appreciate everyone's responses and hopefully we will hear from him soon. At least it won't be such a surprise the next time there is such a gap between calls.

i'm sure he's alright and like the others said, he just can't call for safety reasons. but i'll keep him in my thoughts, i hope you'll hear his voice soon
smile.gif

It sounds like he was sent on a mission somewhere and not able to call for safety reasons. My thoughts are with you. Please keep us updated. Were here for you.
smile.gif

I'm sure he is fine and will call soon.

All the same, let us know when he does, and my thoughts and best wishes are with you.

Latest posts

Back