My Before & After Haircut :) [Pic Heavy]

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I love having longer hair - but I needed a new haircut to bring in the new year. I might go back and get bangs or something - he gave me sidesweep ones but I dunno about them.
sleepyhead.gif

Before [relaxed/straighten hair]:

072-1.jpg

Blow dried hair [taken back few months ago, as reference]

025.jpg

After [with my natural curly hair]:

076.jpg

The Fro

001-2.jpg

Blow Dried

085.jpg

054-1.jpg

...I really want it straight thin but either my hair can't or my flat iron is lame. I don't like putting it on high heat, always low or sometimes medium... any suggestions for stick-straight hair? I'm scared to relax it again - not really, but the stylist said my hair has potential breakage in it so I don't want to mess it up.

Thanks for looking!

I like it! I like the fro and I like the blow dried hair. It looks hot either way!

Cute. wrap your hair at night around your head..there has been a thread about this...seems like you have the texture for it too.

Do you have a good flat iron, I have a chi, my hair is curly and it makes it straight! Also chi has a product, that weighs my hair done pretty good. If you just want to blow dry is straight, I use "bain de terre" all day straight, put it in wet and blow dry, works wonders! I was reading your other post, and I flat iron and blow dry alot, but I trim it on a regular basis and it's just fine. I wouldn't worry about damaging your hair to much if you trim the dry ends.

you look really pretty with curly hair I was already thinking about that picture of that man you put in your last hair thread.Girl is fine.

The shorter hair gives you a younger care-free look imo. I like it!

About the straight hair thing, I know my sister wraps her hair and LIVES by some ceramic flat iron thingie. I'd hafta ask, cuz I can't remember the last time I had straight hair...

Your hair looks great!

If you want really silky straight hair, you should try the Japanese straightening method. My sister got it done and her hair looked so healthy and shiny. She didn't have to use a flat iron.

Originally Posted by empericalbeauty /img/forum/go_quote.gif Cute. wrap your hair at night around your head..there has been a thread about this...seems like you have the texture for it too. Ah, imma look for the thread - thanks.

Originally Posted by Nick007 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Do you have a good flat iron, I have a chi, my hair is curly and it makes it straight! Also chi has a product, that weighs my hair done pretty good. If you just want to blow dry is straight, I use "bain de terre" all day straight, put it in wet and blow dry, works wonders! I was reading your other post, and I flat iron and blow dry alot, but I trim it on a regular basis and it's just fine. I wouldn't worry about damaging your hair to much if you trim the dry ends. I might try mines in higher heat and see if that makes any difference... if not, I'll borrow my friend's Chi and see if that's any better. Thanks loads for the info.

Originally Posted by reesesilverstar /img/forum/go_quote.gif The shorter hair gives you a younger care-free look imo. I like it!
About the straight hair thing, I know my sister wraps her hair and LIVES by some ceramic flat iron thingie. I'd hafta ask, cuz I can't remember the last time I had straight hair...

Thanks. And ask her... haha!

Originally Posted by aplsmash /img/forum/go_quote.gif Your hair looks great!
If you want really silky straight hair, you should try the Japanese straightening method. My sister got it done and her hair looked so healthy and shiny. She didn't have to use a flat iron.

I've been looking into it for the longest and at the salon - the hair dresser said that process would totally ruin my hair because I already have signs of breakage. I know at the salons who do the Japanese method test your hair prior to see if it's capable of withstanding all the chemicals being put in it.
One day, I'll try - but I'm too scared of it just falling off.
scared.gif

Thanks everyone for the comments! Made my day
biggrin.gif

You look prrrrrrretty good Celly!

i love it both ways on you, it makes you look quite different i think, might be cause i was used to see your long and straightened hair, i love your curls, i wish i had curly hair
frown.gif

Back