One Year of No Buy

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
That's right. Tomorrow I'm starting an official one year of no buy with the exception of foundation IF I RUN OUT and mascara. But it has to be drugstore mascara as my other resoloution is to cut out unnecessary spending. I have yet to find a mascara that I love so I may as well spend $7 instead of $20. Any one else taking the challenge this year with me?

WHOA! I don't think that would be possible. I have seriously slowed down my buying - but I don't think I could seize it!

its going to be HARD. but i want to buy a new car in 09 and a house by 12 so I need to prepare. I'm a big girl i have responsiablites. I need to build up my savings. and i'll never use up what i have if i keep buying.

Wow... good luck! I definitely cut back my spending on makeup BIG TIME.... so I don't think I need to (and I wouldn't want to) go on a no buy. I'm really proud of myself. I'm sure you'll do great though.

Good luck! This past year was my stocking up and I'd hoped to have it done by today, alas, that didn't happen.

What I'll probably do is limit it to mascara, foundation, and $25 per month for other stuff (after last orders get placed this week - need to stock up on some brushes).

Can't give up eyeshadows completely yet (hence my $25 per month), and there are a couple blushes I'm drooling over.

I did really well in 2006 (less than $100 on M/U the entire year), this past - you don't want to know.

I'm with you girl! I have the same resolution! I need to pay off debts, would like to buy a car, and go on a vacation so I am going to buy less clothes and makeup. All un-needed

things.

I got a lot of great makeup for Xmas, so that should last me.

Good luck to you! You can do it!!

LOL! I could never do it. I'll probably last until January 2nd.

Good luck!
smile.gif

Originally Posted by bejb1011 /img/forum/go_quote.gif That's right. Tomorrow I'm starting an official one year of no buy with the exception of foundation IF I RUN OUT and mascara. But it has to be drugstore mascara as my other resoloution is to cut out unnecessary spending. I have yet to find a mascara that I love so I may as well spend $7 instead of $20. Any one else taking the challenge this year with me? I'm in with you. I was thinking about this last week. I have too much and barely use 1/3 of it so it will be interesting to actually use what I have.

Originally Posted by Modirty80 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I'm with you girl! I have the same resolution! I need to pay off debts, would like to buy a car, and go on a vacation so I am going to buy less clothes and makeup. All un-neededthings.

I got a lot of great makeup for Xmas, so that should last me.

Good luck to you! You can do it!!

yay! lets start a support group. i'm thinking of setting up an emergency allowence and not telling my self about it, but i might take advantage of it. i think the best thing for me is to cut cold turkey.

Originally Posted by CorteoGirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif I'm in with you. I was thinking about this last week. I have too much and barely use 1/3 of it so it will be interesting to actually use what I have. join me!! I feel like a cult leader trying to get followers....

Good luck to you. I can't do it so I won't even pretend like I'm going to try.

Latest posts

Back