Opinions on Nioxin products

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Any info is appreciated..Price,results,smell, favorite products etc..Thanks!!

Hi JCumpian! Welcome to MakeupTalk from the admin's department here

icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by jcumpian

I used the shampoo and conditioner for color-treated hair a couple of years ago when my hair started falling out due to job-related stress. It really seemed to help my situation, which was pretty extreme. The only reason I stopped using the products is the smell was a real turn-off for my husband.
icon_cry.gif

Although if I ever start getting bald patches again, I'll go back to Nioxin in a second. The smell is a little strong, but I don't think it is bad. My mother started using the line after she saw the difference it made to my situation, she likes it a lot as well.

I've been using the product for a couple of years now, I have VERY baby fine hair, & every kind of shampoo out there that says it would add volume weighed my hair down, except Nioxin. When I had highlights in my hair & used the one for chemically enhanced hair I didn't care for the smell, but the original don't smell bad. But the smell was never something that would keep me from buying it, for me there was a huge difference in my hair when I ran out & tried to use another product (nioxin is expensive) so I went back to Nioxin & just have to pay more.

The only Nioxin product I have tried is the creative line-liquid gel. I have fine hair and it works to give me a little oomph without weighing my hair down. I would like to try the shampoo, conditioner and the styling foam/pomade.

I bought some for my boyfriend when he thought his hair was thinning... (it really wasn't, but it couldn't hurt) its great for getting rid of DHT which accounts for many cases of thinning and hair loss. I don't remember which kit I got him specifically, but it was minty smelling. Nothing too bad, but it does work well... would definitly recommend trying it!
smile.gif

I want to try Nioxin but it's so expensive. How long does it take to see results or does that vary from person to person?

Welcome to MUT, jcumpian!
icon_biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by Little_Lisa I want to try Nioxin but it's so expensive. How long does it take to see results or does that vary from person to person?
Welcome to MUT, jcumpian!
icon_biggrin.gif

It usually varies person to person... also the severity. But usually around the 3 week point you should be seeing a difference
smile.gif

Latest posts

Back