Ordered my very first mineral foundation samples

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I decided to order my first mineral foundation samples from a Canadian mineral company called Blusche Minerals I was searching through the threads on MUT and came across it. I just ordered 3 foundation samples in both the velvet matte and sheer satin finish (6 samples all together), yellow concealer and medium concealer. The baggie samples are .75 cents each (CDN $) and $3.50 for shipping.

I can hardly wait for them to arrive.

Hopefully this brand will work for me. If not I plan on ordering samples from EDM or I may just buy the CoverFX mineral foundation which I can buy at Shoppers Drug Mart in my city. I already tried a small amount of the Mineral FX and like it but want to try other brands before deciding.

I will post reviews of the Blusche samples once I tried them.

They do ship Internationally.

smile.gif

Congratulations on your first mineral foundation samples! Blusche works for me, and they have great customer service.
smile.gif

oo im excited too, ive waited for a cdn one! im checking out the site now

i would definitely be interested in reading your review once you get them. how do they compare to regular foundations?

In Israel we said "mazal tov" its mean Congratulations!!!

have fun with your first minerals!

Lucky for us, this brand is also distributed locally.
biggrin.gif

I've used Blusche foundation and primer and both have brought good results. They even do custom mixes if a customer prefers foundation with kaolin clay (for oily skin). I was able to get free samples of the old foundation (w/ kaolin clay) and the new foundation (w/o). The latter was much creamier but I found mixing the old foundation with the new gives a nice coverage, too. I only do light to medium coverage but I believe others have said that it can give heavy coverage. I haven't tried the new primers but the older formulation works quite well, too.

I will definitely update this thread, post a review once I tried the mineral foundations. They have great customer service. I received an email today mentioning they shipped my order today.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by speedy /img/forum/go_quote.gif I can't wait to hear how you like them. Hi!

I've received my samples a week ago and cannot wait to order my full sizes....after a long test, with other mineral companies, Blusche is really the one that works for me!!!!

vogel.gif

I've already adopted them...

Primer, concealer, foundation and finishing!!!! (I am afraid this is also the case of eyeshadows and blushes!!!!)

Do you use them Sirvinya?

Ooohh, I heard of this company a while ago, but that was before they had samples. I think I'll have to check them out again! Can't wait for your review
smile.gif
It would be nice to be able to buy from a Canadian company.

I received an email on January 16th saying they shipped my order. I never received it. I emailed Blusche this past Friday to let them know. She said four of her orders have gone missing during the month of January. She will send another order to me over the weekend.

Strange it never showed up. I live in Canada and this company is located in Ontario, one Province away from me.

Hopefully my new order will arrive this week.

The customer service is good, they do respond quickly to emails.

Once I have received and tried the product I will post reviews.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Shelley /img/forum/go_quote.gif I received an email on January 16th saying they shipped my order. I never received it. I emailed Blusche this past Friday to let them know. She said four of her orders have gone missing during the month of January. She will send another order to me over the weekend.
Strange it never showed up. I live in Canada and this company is located in Ontario, one Province away from me.

Hopefully my new order will arrive this week.

The customer service is good, they do respond quickly to emails.

Once I have received and tried the product I will post reviews.
smile.gif

I am glad that they are being responsive. Hope you get your items soon.

My order arrived yesterday and I'm sure it must be the first order that went missing. She sent the second order this past Sunday and it wouldn't arrive here that fast. I emailed her and she said don't worry about it. So it looks like I will have two sample orders to play with.

I have never used mineral foundation so I'm a newbie at this. I will have to try it for a few more days to see how I like it. So far this brand hasn't irritated or made my skin itchy which is a bonus. As for colors, I ordered three colors. Neutral tones (for pink and yellow skin tones). The colors are Columbian, Irish Coffee and House Blend. I ordered both the matte and satin finish in all three of the colors. The satin finish seems to be sheer but I haven't tried it enough yet. I wore the matte formula and was concerned because my skin tends to become dry around the cheek area. It actually doesn't look cakey and my skin feels smooth.

I believe House Blend is the darkest and it seems to be a good match but I will have to wait and see. I also bought samples of the yellow concealer, medium concealer, and phoebe glow veil.

I'm using the Posh Kabuki brush. The bristles are soft but I find this brush sheds like crazy.

I will post a better review once I have tried this product for a longer period of time.

Back