Using the same brush?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just recently bought Bare Minerals and I've only applied it about 3 times. I was wondering if I should use a different brush for the mineral veil, the warmth and the foundation? Or is it ok to just use the same brush? Thanks!!

I would use different brushes for the foundation and warmth but I sometimes used the same one for the foundation and mineral veil. The warmth has color which I always thought would mix in with the foundation.

I used the same brush for different products when I first got my Bare Minerals starter kit. I just couldn't decide what brush I wanted to use for each product. It took me a few months and additional purchases to get MY system figured out. I use a Lumiere long handle kabuki for my spf powder, a badger brush for my foundation, the flawless face brush for the True/Warmth/Glee. I use the BE kabuki for my mineral veil. I use the BE baby buki to apply my MAC mineral skinfinishes. Pretty much, I decided that I didn't want to put color on my foundation brush and I like the fluffy BE kabuki for my finishing powder. Keep plugging away, you'll find what works best for you.

Do you recommend any brands of brushes? I love the BE brushes, but they are expensive. I don't feel like spending $20 for a make up brush. Lol.

Try Sonia Kashuk at Target. They are really decent brushes and not that expensive.

The other trick if you've only got one brush (a baby kabuki is best for this) is to wipe off the minerals on a microfibre cloth after each application. Like when you finish your foundation, wipe off the brush on the microfibre and that will get most of the colour off the brush, then you can do your blush, etc.

Also, there's a nice synthetic set at Silk Naturals for $21. The powder brush is equal to a baby kabuki, there's a nice blush brush, an eyeshadow crease brush, a push brush for liner or detail work, a spoolie, and another couple of small brushes that you can use for concealer, eye shadow or a lip brush. It's the same set that FF sells, but cheaper, and it's good quality - I have two sets. You can do your entire face with it, and it's really not a bad deal at all.

If you can't use a different brush for all three, at least use a different one for the warmth, and use the same brush for foundation and finishing powder.

Warmth is highly pigmented and very concentrated. I would think it would be very difficult to get it all out of the brush when switching over to foundation or mineral veil.

I stopped using BE because I didn't like it. I still use the concealer brush though. I use the warmth as well, but I bought a few more brushes.

I used to use the same brush for foundation, warmth, and mineral veil. The way I figured it, even if all the warmth doesn't come off, it'll just give a light tan to my entire face.

Originally Posted by lucilugodoy /img/forum/go_quote.gif What's the rule when deciding what color of blush to use? I only own 1 pink.... I think it all depends on your skin tone and coloring. The right blush(es) should flatter your skin tone and give you a natural healthy glow.

A lot of times I don't even wear blush. My natural glow comes through my mineral foundation.

to apply my foundtion I use in kabuki or flocked sponge.. to applying a powder I use in puff and to apply blush I use in blush brush..

Back