Undereye Concealer... ? about shade?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Should the shade you choose for your concealer be lighter than your skin tone or should it match as close as possible like you do for foundation?

I thought the old logic was a shade lighter. Then there are the tinted concealers that use the opposite color on the color wheel to cancel out a flaw. Green to get rid of red, yellow to get rid of dark circles. I've found the tinted ones look weird on my skin. It looks like someone took a yellow crayon to my under eye. I use a concealer that's a shade lighter than my foundation because this was a recommendation from an MA at a salon. I'm almost out of concelaer though, so I ws kiking around the idea of matching it to my foundation.

I use a shade lighter on my lid and underneath the eye because it helps to brighten it a little more but then I apply my foundation over it and it blends the shades together.

any eye brightening concealers should be one to two shades lighter than your foundation, the reason for this is because the skin tone of your eye and around the eye is naturaly darker than the rest of your face.

There is also different shades that you can use to get rid of dark circles etc. but that is optional. [=

try a shade lighter than your foundation.. start with an eye cream and then put 3 dots of concealer starting at the corner of your eye moving out. then do a "press and roll" to blend in the concealer. but dont press too hard because itll pull at your eye! if your concealer under your eyes gets cakey as the day goes on, dab a little eye cream on it and just press it on and youll look good as new! i like using almay eye concealer. hope that helps
smile.gif

yellow based concealers that are a shade lighter will do the trick...just remember to moisturize beforehand, good luck
smile.gif

I think the same shade...Usually when people use a shade lighter, it's too light and it's obvious and doesn't look good at all...

I agree. A shade lighter may work for some people, but I noticed that it can also draw attention to the undereye area

Back