Help make me over :) * pic enclosed*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm ready for a new me with the new year. I've begun working out and gasp finally getting some sleep at night (imagine that)! Not to mention I'll be hitting 38 in February!!! Ack!

What I'd like to do is also find some makeup that I LOVE to use on a regular basis.

I do get some breakouts (and am about to try the Oil Cleansing Method (I couldn't find any Castor Oil this evening at the store
frown.gif
), but do tend to get shiny and oily during the day. I also tend to have large pores (or at least I think they are!) LOL

I can't tell you the last time I put ANY foundation on my face at all. Rarely use any loose powder. The most I use is occasionally some eye shadow, always eye liner, and undereye coverage.

a) need suggestions for under eye concealer and shade suggested for brand mentioned (if possible).

B) Mineral makeup - what brand and shade do you suggest for my skin color? type?

c) shades and brand of eye shadow/liner?

d) same as above but for blush?

Note: in this photo - it's untouched; only wearing eye liner and under eye concealer

Hitting 38 what? No way you're talking about years 'cause you look 25 to me. You're so pretty!

Anyway, I think you would look great in slightly shimmery or metallic eyeshadows...maybe darker shades of greens. Try a medium color on your lid and MAC Humid in the outer corners.

As for blush, I think you go with pinks and peachy colors. One blush that seems to compliment lots of skin tones is NARS Orgasm.

I also think the new MSF from the MAC N collection in Light Flush would be a good cheek color for you.

As for mineral makeup, I suggest going over to the mineral makeup section and looking for companies that offer formulas for oily skin, then buy a few samples to find a match. Lots of companies offer free sample kits, you only have to pay for shipping!
smile.gif

Hi!

38? I second Ashley is saying WHAT? You look my age or younger (and I'm turning 23 this Feb!). Damn girl lol
biggrin.gif

Foundations (mineral) i agree - just do lots of sampling. I have oily skin (T-zone, and especially my nose) and I've found that formulations with kaolin clay actually don't work for my skin, make it look cakey etc no matter what I use to try and combat it. Which is weird because kaolin is supposed be great for controlling oily skin. So my recommendation is that trying things for yourself is the best way because everyone's skin is different.

You have gorgeous blue eyes, so I think coppery colours would look amazing on you!

And for blush, a lot of mineral companies offer very cheap samples and mineral blush is very concentrated so you only need a very small amount on your brush. I think with blushes almost any colour can work with any skintone if you apply it lightly enough (so if you end up with some colours that you don't think you can wear just by looking a them, try them anyway - I had this with a mineral blush I got a sample of, when it arrived it was a dark matte purple, and I thought there was no way I could wear it, but I can and I really like it! It doesn't look anything like it does in the pot on my skin).

I hope you're able to find some stuff you like to wear, and whatever you're doing to your skin to make it look so young and fresh, keep doing it I say!

LMAO - wow I love it here! Hey on days that the undereye circles are bad - I don't feel I look that young (lol). But yes, 38 (not 28)... as in almost 40 - THANK YOU GIRLS. That could be why 4th graders I sub for thought I was only 25 a few weeks ago and I thought - ARE YOU CRAZY!!! no way! LOL

I do need to start using some sort of ant-aging items on the eyes too but haven't gotten that far yet... there are SO many products out there it's hard to decide!

I think my skin only looks young because it's so DARNED oily! lol!

I'll check out the samples today and see what I can find! i'm still trying to stumble my way around the site.

Thanks so much for your input so far!

ok gals; checking out samples....

What shade do you think:

KT Minerals:

Mineral Makeup Foundations : KT Naturals

(I'm thinking light neutral or light rosy beige)??? or do you think a medium neutral ????

Ocean Mist

NO CLUE - which - it's so hard to pick!

Ocean Mist Cosmetics - Quality, Affordable Mineral Makeup and Beauty Products

with Everyday Minerals

i'm thinking the Beige group - but totally NOT sure! (or even the cool muti tasking neutral)

Mineral Foundation - Everyday Minerals

Meow

I was thinking: Beige (Frisky #2) or Naughty (#3)

"Purrr-fect Puss" Mineral Makeup Foundation by Meow Cosmetics

Hi there, I am 35 years old and I have switched to Mineral Makeup after being a die hard liquid foundation girl since I was 15. I have to say I love it. My skin looks so great. I am always told that I look younger also. So I am guessing it works.

a) need suggestions for color and shade suggested for brand mentioned (if possible). I am rather pale, so I use the yellow (sunlight it is called) concealer from EDM. I love it and it cancels out the darkness so well.

B) Mineral makeup - what brand and shade do you suggest for my skin color? type? I use EDM, I have dry skin and I use the Original Glo, they have suggestions on there for the colors and the skin type. I think they have a more matte one if you are on the oily side. I love the feel of the EDM, it is so silky and nice. Not to mention they give you a ton for the money and always have specials. You get the samples for free so you may want to try some out to get the color right (i hit the color on the first try with them so I got lucky)

c) shades and brand of eye shadow/liner? For shadow I do not just stick to one brand but if I had to it would be Smashbox, it does on so smooth and has nice color pay off. I use Smashbox Jet Set waterproof liner and brush to do my waterline and then I just got the Shisedo pen liner for my upper lid, makes a great precise line for a cat eye. The sky is the limit for color. I have been loving a smokey eye lately. I do it in all different colors, black, green, brown, purple. You name it, I have tried it, lol.

d) same as above but for blush? I have always used a pink or a peachy blush since I am so pale. About a month ago I rediscovered a bronzer that I had, I wore it to work and everyone was going crazy asking what did I do different I looked so good that day. So I have been sticking with the bronzer and a small pop of pink just on my apple of my cheeks.

Have fun with it.

glowinggal you look so fresh and you have so clear beautiful eyes, wow!

i just want to say, i use everyday minerals. i am very very pale, and i have no real undertones, i am just beige and pale, lol. neutral fair works best for me!!! and thats really a true light beige.

you have mor colour in your face, thats why you look so fresh. i like that. i think you dont need much coverage, i need so i have the intense formula, but even that can be worn sheer in my opinion.

perhaps you can hear, i am a huge fan of EDM!!
biggrin.gif

when i tried their foundation colours i also had Sandy Fair and Olive Fair. and the funny thing was, the two shades worked well for m too! but i know a few people who had that experience with EDM.

sandy looked a bit more healthy on me, i liked it, but its not 100% my skincolour, so was Olive, olive looked really cool too. but a little too COOL!
biggrin.gif

try edm, you will not regret i think. perhaps the sandy colours fits you..

for eyeliners i would rec gel/cream/fluidliners of any brand. very easy to apply.

i think browns would look awesome on you, i always like neutral brown liners with blue eyes.

and bexy gave you a hint. BRONZER. i really think bronzer would look awesome on you. sunkissed look. i love the bronzer from benefit called HOOLA and my favourite bronzer ever is from Dr Hauschka.

Hth
rockwoot.gif

A tip about concealer: it should always be 1-2 shades lighter than your basic makeup that needs to be as close to your natural skin tone as possible. This combination will give you the best results. If you are in an extreme situation and have no concealer at your disposal, apply your liquid makeup under eyes with a small brush thoroughly to cover the dark spots and make sure it blended in. Then apply a little bit of loose powder with a sponge on top to fixate it.

Thank you so much everone for the great advice! a few samples have arrived in yesterday's mail and hope to try them today. I will possibly be ordering even more based on the input recently too!!!! thank you thank you!

♥ Mwaaahhh

You are so pretty and don't need much make-up. It's best to try out different mineral make-up brands to see which one works best on your skin. I've had good luck with Pur Minerals but everyone is different.

Back