Need help with your false lashes?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Look what I've just bought
smile.gif
I'm terrible at putting on false lashes, and can never get both eyes looking the same, so I bought this - whether it works is a different story. It's a grip-applicator and, according to HQHair, "follows every contour of the eyelid" when applying falsies. I was originally looking for a Japonesque brush pot, and I came across this (also by Japonesque). Anyone got something like this, and if so, do they work?

Japonesque Soft Touch Lash Placement Kit : HQhair.com Hair & Skin Care Products : Japonesque Soft Touch Lash Placement Kit

I really like japonesque products, so this looks interesting
smile.gif
so do the Fast Lash Thickening Fibres.

sephora has the same product..i was going to get it but then i realized that i don't wear falsies that often hahaha

I've tryed a couple of times to wear them, but just had so much trouble getting them right. I guess it is like anything else it takes practice.

Ooh, I LOVE false lashes! I apply my lashes myself and I apply the individual clusters. After one co-worker applied one cluster, I went home and studied that one lash in the bathroom mirror for at least thirty minutes. I resolved to try it myself and went to a beauty supply store and bought a whole tray of individual lashes. From that day on, I've worn false lashes and it has been well over six months! :-D

I've even developed a "secret" technique as to thicken them up and make them look lush and full. I get a lot of compliments on them and it's a great non-makeup accessory, so on the days I don't wear makeup or wear light coverage, my eyes still stand out and since I believe my eyes are one of my favorite beauty assets, I make sure that my lashes are always in tact. What's excellent is with my new technique, my lashes lasts 3-4 weeks from the initial application. If you click on my avatar and bring up a bigger picture of my wedding pic, you can see a side-view of my lashes which I applied myself. They were extra full that day!

Maybe I'll do a tutorial on them when I get my home PC up and running!

I bought the Sephora brand one and it looks just like that. I haven't used it much because I haven't had any lash glue lol but the couple times Ive used it I love it, makes placing the lashes super super easy, compared to all the times I applied full strips of lashes just with my hands, this makes it soo muchh easier and Im so glad I bought it.

Ive been wanting to try false lashes. Ive only worn them twice and it was for halloween. I think a tutorial would be a great asset to this thread
smile.gif

False lashes will work for anyones eyes. If your eyes are smaller you just need to trim the strip, try it against your eye without glue first to see.

Once I get some glue I wouldnt mind doing a tut about using this thing to place lashes. Its easier than easy
smile.gif

And yea it is pretty cheap. I grabbed mine at Sephora for 10 or 20 bucks and it was in a gift box with a pair of beautiful sparkly lashes and an extra lash stand too. Nice!

Call me crazy but everytime I have used falsies they tend to irritate the inner corner of my eye (kind sratches em and makes my cornea irritated) and the glue never tends to set well... Well at least not on the ones Ive used with pre-glue on them.

Originally Posted by Trixie24 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Call me crazy but everytime I have used falsies they tend to irritate the inner corner of my eye (kind sratches em and makes my cornea irritated) and the glue never tends to set well... Well at least not on the ones Ive used with pre-glue on them. Your not crazy lol, this can happen if you put them on too far in... if that makes sense. And in my opinion pre-glue sucks. I like Ardell but my favorite is Duo glue, apply to the falsies and hold for about 30 seconds before you apply.

I can't seem to do by hand. I've read that you have to just practice and eventually you'll get the hang of it. But, I purchased the Japenesque as well. Have to try it out sometime soon

Back