Any one really into the latest trends?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Can you tell me of a few trends that you think will coming up in the next few months? Like either when it comes to makeup or clothes or accessories? Any pictures of the items would also be great!

Well, it seems like pastels and nudes are in for Spring as far as makeup. Shu Uemura has vibrant pastels out, Clinique and MAC just released nudes (although Fafi for MAC is seemingly going to be a bright collection). Bobbi Brown's sticking with pinks/raspberry. Laura Mercier seems to be all about violets, and NARS seems to be bronzey-nude.

As for clothing, I really don't pay a lot of attention to trends. I like what I like, and generally go with more classic styles that will never go out (like pinstripes).

I dunno... I never really think of makeup as trends.

Folks always tend to wear what they like.

I think navy will become a good alternative for blacks and grays; specifically for smokey eye looks and eyeliners. CHANEL, Fafi for MAC, and Nars have all introduced dark blues for spring and it's a fun, bright way to do dark colors.

I don't get how there are trends for make up XD since there's so much variety and there's personal preference && since different colors work for different people.

Yes, but all of that could be said about clothes, cars, furniture, home decor or anything else really. The simple fact is certain things become more popular at certain times than others. As with any other trend, you should still implement colors, techniques, and styles that are flattering to you and exclude trends that aren't but it's always nice to see what others are doing, what new products have come out, and see how you can incorporate these into your own sense of style.

i kinda go for what i like.

but i keep noticing a trend with whatever ive been into gets popular like a season or a year later.

i keep saying i should go into fashion, cause at least i can somehow predict the trends and can make money off of it.

i'm really into bright pink blush right now!

as well as ruby red lipstick

i just go with whatever i think looks good

Mmm I think I'm not really following the trend. I'm mostly following my mood instead lol.

i think that following trends is important if you work in this industry, however not for the individual. its better to find a look and claim it as yours.. find what suits your face shape and personality. [=

I like how you guys just follow whatever you want instead of caving to trends!

I think that a more pinky nude is in this season. That is one thing that I noticed alot about "N" is that it seems more pink, as well as Cliniques nudes.

Violet/Raspberry is also hot.

Seems like Fafi is very "pinky" also !

Lots of fun new stuff
smile.gif

Well liquid eyeliner (in any color) is back whereas a couple of years ago it was a no-no. Also looks like the clumpy mascara look is out and a cleaner more shiny lash look is coming. Another trend is putting clashing colors as eyeshadow duos. Also a no-no some seasons back.

as far as clothes.. yellow is in style right now. also, wide leg/bell bottom jeans are coming back. high waisted stuff is in style right now too.

i have been seen seeing really pretty neutrals and pinks for spring. I've also seen a lot of silver too..especially eyeshadows. I've been trying alot of silver eyeshadow looks and its a nice change from the browns i wear.

For makeup, Japanese brands like Kanebo and Shisaido are doing green and pink this spring I think. Lots of olive green eyeshadows and soft pink lip colors are coming out.

Back