The lowdown on mineral makeup!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
please.can you explain the article in a simple words? my english isnt so good and I will appriciated that!

thank you very much!

simha

It's a 3 page article and there is so much information to try to condense and re-word. I am so sorry. Try to read what you can!

Thanks for the link!

Sim I'll try to send you a summarize of the article in Hebrew in a private message later today, ok?

Originally Posted by TheStranger1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Thanks for the link!
Sim I'll try to send you a summarize of the article in Hebrew in a private message later today, ok?

toda raba hamuda!thank you very much!

I've kind of always believed that mineral make up was mostly hype, but I love it anyways
smile.gif

Originally Posted by PerfectMistake /img/forum/go_quote.gif I found this on my best friend "Web MD"
Check it out when you have the chance. Especially if you have been considering MMU!

The Lowdown

thanks I was curious about this and even posted elsewhere, but this is the explanation i was looking for.

I'm also concerned about some ingredients being nano-sized... :/

when you smell the foundation, doesn't it mean you're actually inhaling a little bit of its particles? I once smelled a lot and had coughs for week
frown.gif

I'm afraid of inhaling my minerals. So I try to avoid it as possible, but some foundations are just "more dry" then others, or in other way they are all over when I do my make up. We also cleaned our appartment recently and I was surprised to discover a build up of mineral make up on the lamp which is under the cealing, hanging over the table where I do my make up. It means that it's just everywhere, no matter how I try.

That's scary :/ I guess its all that tapping, swirling, and buffing.

MMU is a double edge sword LOL :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by agatapas /img/forum/go_quote.gif I'm afraid of inhaling my minerals. So I try to avoid it as possible, but some foundations are just "more dry" then others, or in other way they are all over when I do my make up. We also cleaned our appartment recently and I was surprised to discover a build up of mineral make up on the lamp which is under the cealing, hanging over the table where I do my make up. It means that it's just everywhere, no matter how I try. I'd like to switch to liquid foundation, but I still have to use powder for blushers and setting it, etc

Quote:
Since there is no set regulation for what constitutes a "mineral†makeup, any product containing minerals as a primary ingredient can be marketed as such -- even if it contains a whole lot of other "less natural" ingredients. This is interesting to me considering the fact that argument has been made that certain makeup, especially drug stores, aren't mineral because of some of the other ingredients.

I also wonder if it's bad to be inhaling mineral makeup. And I'm not sure which of the MMU companies have nanosized particles. Most of them don't say so...

Originally Posted by Aprill /img/forum/go_quote.gif This is interesting to me considering the fact that argument has been made that certain makeup, especially drug stores, aren't mineral because of some of the other ingredients. All it says to me is that there are brands that can be labelled mineral makeup, but still won't have the characteristics that I'm looking for in mineral makeup. Just because a product is labelled mineral makeup by its manufacturers doesn't mean that it qualifies as mineral makeup to a consumer who knows what mineral makeup is supposed to be - pure and natural.

Back