What are you having for dinner?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm so tired of the same old dinners. I'm always looking for new ideas to spice it up a bit.

Anyone having anything interesting?

I always plan ahead the night before.. I usually thaw some chicken out or have some frozen veggies. That way you can combine them to make chicken Parmesan and pasta with mixed veggies or something like that. I usually get ideas from watching food shows too
tongue.gif

You should also be daring and try "exotic" foods to "spice" it up a bit or watch the Food Network channel! Try Vietnamese, new Chinese dishes (duck, barbecue pork, etc.) Armenian, Latvian, etc.

I'm a big crock pot fan, although don't know what I am having tonight. made beef stroganoff last night in the crock pot.

I'm in a food rut myself. My husband is allergic to tomatoes which really limits the recipes I can use. It's hard to eat healthy when you're bored with the food you're making.

Originally Posted by Faith-Abigail /img/forum/go_quote.gif My husband is allergic to tomatoes which really limits the recipes I can use. I throw up if I accidently eat one. So I never put them in recipes.
scared.gif
I hardly have any recipes that call for them though. I was cooking yummy meals, but I havent been able for a couple weeks. I live with my boyfriend but he doesnt cook, or get any food. I think my mom is bringing dinner over tonight, not sure what, but she brought me some food yesterday b/c I was starving to death, lol

Originally Posted by dixiewolf /img/forum/go_quote.gif I throw up if I accidently eat one. So I never put them in recipes.
scared.gif
I hardly have any recipes that call for them though. I was cooking yummy meals, but I havent been able for a couple weeks. I live with my boyfriend but he doesnt cook, or get any food. I think my mom is bringing dinner over tonight, not sure what, but she brought me some food yesterday b/c I was starving to death, lol I'm always surprised by the number of recipes that call for tomatoes. I'll be looking for something a recipe and think, "Oh, I can cook this tonight...wait...nope, it's got tomatoes." It's very frustrating.

Last night we had grilled cheese sandwich's and corn on the cob.. Corn wasn't that good any more.. Oldish and low sugar..

Tonight I think were having vegetable soup and italian bread with dipping olive oil.. Great meal when its cold outside...

I love chilli and cornbread, April!! Be right over!! Hahaha

Update!! The son just called and said "mom doesn't feel like cooking so can you........".

Now were having Kung Pao Chicken with fried rice and dumplings and green tea... I love Kung Pao Chicken!!

Originally Posted by Aprill /img/forum/go_quote.gif We are having chili and cornbread, its cold outside, excellent comfort food!! That DOES sound good. I'm thinking about making beef tips with gravy over mashed potatoes.

tonight probably just a "same old" dinner.. Spaghetti and meatsause!

If i had more time i wouldve done lasagna though..

although i think Little Lisa posted a slowcooked lasagna dinner in the recipes forum a few months ago... i guess shoulda thought of that earlier.. lol

tonite we are having chicken ceaser pitas and tomorrow we are having sweet n sour ribs

I like simple and fast recipes.

Latest posts

Back