The God Awful 'Scrunchie'

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ok so I tie my hair up alot in a pony tail. I'm sick of these gross scrunchies! I want something cute, preferably not as puffy or thick as a scrunchie. What do you guys use? I know elastics are bad but I'm thinking something along those lines?

i've been picking up these really cute barretts from cvs and riteaid lately. i was using those duck bill clips, but they aren't so attractive for work.

614453.jpg

My hair is WAY to thick to use the elastics without the metal! Can't do it! Cyera's hair is too thick for them too. I'll be honest, I use Scrunchies LMAO! Only because, once again, my hair is generally too thick for anything cute!

I use elastics. My weapon of choice is the Goody brand "Ouchless" Thick Elastics...in assorted colors of course
smile.gif

I use the Goody brand too and I have to pull my hair back everyday when I'm working.

Originally Posted by Aquilah /img/forum/go_quote.gif My hair is WAY to thick to use the elastics without the metal! Can't do it! Cyera's hair is too thick for them too. I'll be honest, I use Scrunchies LMAO! Only because, once again, my hair is generally too thick for anything cute! I had that problem, too, before I cut my hair. I could never clips or hair accessories because my hair was way too thick for that stuff. I always used two elastics for a ponytail, four for a messy bun, or I would use several tiny claw clips and clip up section after section until I got a cute updo.

I use the Goody Ouchless also, as a couple people mentioned. They come in a lot of colors too, although I normally wear the one almost the same color as my hair. I usually dont put my hair up, but sometimes I just dont feel like fixing my hair (I got it shorter and layered so I have to fix it or it gets all wavy and poofy. On a side note, I use them as cat toys, I fling them across the room (Trixie LOVES them), she hates cat toys so I bought her those, lol

Originally Posted by PerfectMistake /img/forum/go_quote.gif I use elastics. My weapon of choice is the Goody brand "Ouchless" Thick Elastics...in assorted colors of course
smile.gif
Thats what I use!!! Works great and I have thick hair. Though after too many wears it gets loose in my hair but then I just start using a new one!

the elastics without the metal- I guess they are the ouchless.

I can't deal with the ones with the metal because those snag and rip my hair out and when they snap (and trust me, my hair is very thick and I have a lot of it- they ALL snap) of course it's the metal part that comes flinging to my face, lol!

The ouchless get warped out of shape pretty quick in my hair; they all look like octagons at this point with very little elasticity.

Claws work better for me because they stress my hair less, or hair sticks (or chop sticks)- those take some practice though; at first I just couldn't get my hair to hold then I could get it to hold but my scalp was on fire from the sticks stabbed into my scalp, but I got it down now.
rockwoot.gif

P.S. I just looked at that goody link and the ones I use are the extra thick bands. My hair still demolishes them, extra thick or not.
laughing.gif

I use the goody ouchless also... definitely better since there is no metal clasp and the colors are very natural if you want them to be -- I buy black and dark brown.

I use elastics but they are not the type with metal or that are glued together bc those will break on my hair!! My hair tends to be too thick and I pop them a lot.

I use ones by Scunchi I think that basically look and feel like thick pantyhose!! The edges of them are rolled in together, so feel them to make sure they are the ones I am talking about. I love those!!

And I prefer to pony my hair in the elastic, then wrap a small piece of hair around the elastic and tuck it in so you don't see it.

when i was younger i was a big fan of scrunchies, but now i use elastics (i prefer without the metal as i have thin hair), i got some at claire's.

Speaking of scrunchies, do you remember the Sex and the City episode where she talks about them? Anyhoo...here is a promo for the new movie.

20080125-1nfs5qdkur7rucq1tfk3c51n62.jpg

These are the ones I use.

20080125-nf74q7sac2bfyrhqqq7ids516q.jpg

I use the goody ouchless ones too.. lol

I hate those metal things some elastics have..

I just bought a pack of the goodie ouchless in dark brown and so far so good. It held my hair up pretty good today. thanks guys!

Back