Help solve an old argument

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
What temperature is your house set at?

What is comfortable and what is too cold?

Ours is set at 70 degrees druing the day and 68 at night.... 65 - 66 is too cold for me and over 72 is too hot....

In summer, my a/c is 73. In winter, my heat is 67. Those are comfortable temps for me.

Originally Posted by KellyB /img/forum/go_quote.gif In summer, my a/c is 73. In winter, my heat is 67. Those are comfortable temps for me. What's a/c??
biggrin.gif
We just open the windows and let a little snow come in, in the summer!!

my heat is blasted and when i get hot i just open a window for fresh air...but then again i live in an apartment and our heat is pretty crappy so i dunno what temp its actually at

I keep it no lower then 70. Sometimes the colder it is outside the house doesn't seem to get as warm as easily so I turn it up to 75ish. If it gets down in the 60's I get cold.

70-74...any lower and I'm freezing! I don't think our house is insulated well...at the moment it's already cold and the heat just kicked off like 10 minutes ago.

It stays between 65 and 70 and I get so cold I end up wearing a robe or sweatshirt. At night I need 2 blankets. My ideal is 75, but I got tired of fighting with my boyfriend. He always says he's hot, he wears short sleeves when it is freezing outside, but he's from way up North and I have never left Florida.

Yeahhhh, my bf sets it for 65 during the day and 65 at night and it is way. too. COLD.

He doesn't think it should be any higher because of the gas bill; I say the furnace wouldn't have to be constantly running if he would have hooked up the heaters in the family room that is also the area where my boy's bedrooms are.

Since there are no heaters there, we have to keep the connecting door open.

Because the door is open, it creates a draft.

Because of the draft AND the cold temp, the furnace is constantly turning off and on.

The family room area was originally the garage so that whole space was not taken into consideration when determining the size of the furnace, which means the furnace is too small to heat the whole space and there are no vents out there anyway.

Idiot.
sleepyhead.gif

I have arthritis and trust me, my hands ACHE at night from the cold. I turn that puppy up when he's gone during the day and after he goes to bed for a few hours.

Funk dat.

Originally Posted by dixiewolf /img/forum/go_quote.gif It stays between 65 and 70 and I get so cold I end up wearing a robe or sweatshirt. At night I need 2 blankets. My ideal is 75, but I got tired of fighting with my boyfriend. He always says he's hot, he wears short sleeves when it is freezing outside, but he's from way up North and I have never left Florida. Yeah I wear more clothes in the house than I do outside. When I leave, I can wear a shirt, jeans, boots and my coat.

Inside I have a shirt, sweatshirt, sweater, jeans, socks, fuzzy slipper booties AND have a blanket over me on the couch and still have cold hands and feet AND my glasses frames are freezing when they touch my face. Like ice.

Maybe it might be more expensive over the long term if you got a proper sized heater. Not really sure though. Or maybe get a heater that you can put in your bed for at night?

Originally Posted by SimplyElegant /img/forum/go_quote.gif Maybe it might be more expensive over the long term if you got a proper sized heater. Not really sure though. Or maybe get a heater that you can put in your bed for at night? Well, he just didn't plan the remodel very well, didn't take into account the issue of heating and he-being an overacheiver-type, will never EVER admit that. I did have a furnace guy come out and he checked the furnace and said there was no way, this heater was meant for the house it was placed in; a 1700 sq foot house. Now that it's been remodeled, the house is more like 2300 and the furnace is working too hard.

I wanted to put space heaters in the areas away from the heart of the house to minimize the cold corners fighting for heat but my bf claims they would cost too much to operate.

I think he's full of it and is just being stubborn and unwilling to admit the flaw in his plan.

with the price of gas, the house is set at 58 during the day when the house is empty. It kicks back on about 5 pm up to the mid 60's.

i keep it off. i have electric heat and in my apartment i pay the electric bill. it stays around 65ish. i prefer 70 but i have blankets everywhere and id rather be bundled up than pay the electric bill

Latest posts

Back