Rave for Philosophy's Purity made simple cleanser

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ok , I think I am slowly becoming a Philosophy girl... LOL I've bought a bunch of stuff from them recently and love it all.

But I just wanted to share a big rave for their "Purity Made Simple" cleanser. There is a lot of hype about this product, but I have to agree that it is awesome.

Before, I used to remove my makeup with Neutrogena face wipes, remove my eye make up with Clinique's "Take the day off" eye makeup remover, and then wash my face with a cleanser (most recently I was using one by clinique but I keep changing).

I got a sample of Purity at sephora and OH MY. In only one step, that thing removed my face makeup, my eye makeup (mascara and gel eyeliner included), AND washed my face leaving a super nice scent behind. I couldn't believe how efficient this product was in removing all of my makeup, and the skin feels so clean afterwards.

Needless to say, I bought the full size.
biggrin.gif

Now I only need 1 product instead of 3.
smile.gif

The only product that I had difficulty removing was my maybelline lash stylist waterproof mascara, but I always have trouble removing it with conventional eye makeup removers anyways -- it looks great on the lashes but it is a pain to remove!

Just thought I would share.
smile.gif

I heard that all of the Philosophy skin care is awesome... makes me curious! I'm a little hesitant yet. I really want my sister to try it, because I heard some of it is great with acne too.

Keep reviewing the Philosophy products as you try them... if you buy anything new.
smile.gif

I'm glad to know it takes care of all that! Ive been considering trying something new in skincare.

Originally Posted by YourOneAndOnly /img/forum/go_quote.gif that sounds cool. what skin type is this for? I think it can be used on all skin types.

I tried their skincare and liked the cleanser and the microdelivery peel but didn't like the moisturizers. They seemed greasy to me.

Originally Posted by susanks1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I tried their skincare and liked the cleanser and the microdelivery peel but didn't like the moisturizers. They seemed greasy to me. I just got hope in a jar yesterday and I am giving it a try today... I like it so far. )

Purity is one of my all time favorites! It worked great for the first few weeks, so much that I gave out samples from my bottle to everyone around me to try, and pretty much everyone who tried it was hooked, including my bf who has super oily skin! I have "dry, dry + a little oil in the nose sometimes" skin, so I guess it works on all skin types. (Sorry to hear it broke you out Jenfer! I didn't get any bad responses from the peeps I gave samples to... ) It was great for me since I usually don't wear eyeliner or mascara, but when I did, it did have trouble getting rid of eye makeup in one go. But for the rest of the face it was fantastic, and left it feeling really smooth. I remember feeling my face (uh-oh, sounds kinda gross..) really often because of how velvety smooth my face felt. But the random pimples started coming back, and I think I stopped using it after I ran out of my second bottle. My bf still stands firm by his 32 oz. bottle!

Microdelivery peel is another rave product for me! It leaves your face oh so smooth-

I don't think hope in a bottle did much for my face, though maybe the little bottle of serum I got wasn't enough to expect drastic changes? It felt good when I put it on though. Smells medicine-y, which makes you feel like it's potent or something. I agree with the moisturizers being greasy: I didn't really like the texture of hope in a jar and hope in a tube. Jar was not so much greasy as glycerin-y, and it wasn't hydrating enough for me. It was ok for the summer though. Tube just felt waxy for me. But since it's an eye cream, I gave it to my mother, who just ogles eye creams, and guess what? SHE LOVED IT SO MUCH SHE IMMEDIATELY MADE ME GET HER ANOTHER TUBE! From what I've read from online, it supposedly works better for the 40+ crowd. Wasn't for me though. (I'm 27, and though the Tube didn't work for me, I swear I lost a pretty deep crease from using a sample jar of Clinique's Repair Wear for eyes. I'm hooked!)

Originally Posted by onvacation /img/forum/go_quote.gif Purity is one of my all time favorites! It worked great for the first few weeks, so much that I gave out samples from my bottle to everyone around me to try, and pretty much everyone who tried it was hooked, including my bf who has super oily skin! I have "dry, dry + a little oil in the nose sometimes" skin, so I guess it works on all skin types. (Sorry to hear it broke you out Jenfer! I didn't get any bad responses from the peeps I gave samples to... ) It was great for me since I usually don't wear eyeliner or mascara, but when I did, it did have trouble getting rid of eye makeup in one go. But for the rest of the face it was fantastic, and left it feeling really smooth. I remember feeling my face (uh-oh, sounds kinda gross..) really often because of how velvety smooth my face felt. But the random pimples started coming back, and I think I stopped using it after I ran out of my second bottle. My bf still stands firm by his 32 oz. bottle!
Microdelivery peel is another rave product for me! It leaves your face oh so smooth-

I don't think hope in a bottle did much for my face, though maybe the little bottle of serum I got wasn't enough to expect drastic changes? It felt good when I put it on though. Smells medicine-y, which makes you feel like it's potent or something. I agree with the moisturizers being greasy: I didn't really like the texture of hope in a jar and hope in a tube. Jar was not so much greasy as glycerin-y, and it wasn't hydrating enough for me. It was ok for the summer though. Tube just felt waxy for me. But since it's an eye cream, I gave it to my mother, who just ogles eye creams, and guess what? SHE LOVED IT SO MUCH SHE IMMEDIATELY MADE ME GET HER ANOTHER TUBE! From what I've read from online, it supposedly works better for the 40+ crowd. Wasn't for me though. (I'm 27, and though the Tube didn't work for me, I swear I lost a pretty deep crease from using a sample jar of Clinique's Repair Wear for eyes. I'm hooked!)

Thanks for your reviews. I have been thinking about trying the microdelivery peel, but wasn't sure if it was all that good, but I guess I may have to give it a try now..
smile.gif

I've heard great things about this, and the moisturizer... I'm not sure if I should use samples, or just stick with what I use LOL! No new products for me!

I've been thinking about trying this Thais! I've seen the raves too! Thanks for the rec!

My sister recommended this to me and told me how great it removed EVERYTHING (eyemakeup notwithstanding!) I went for the 16 ounce bottle at Sephora the other day and LOVE it!! It's my cleanser HG
smile.gif

Glad you found something you love!

Warmly,

Brandi

aka beaglette

I'm used philosophy lines for about a year (love their moisturizer). I had to sell most of the products I bought because I was a poor student but I am a huge fan.

I've used most of their facial products and currently love purity face wash. I use it usually at night to remove most of my makeup (use neutrogena for the mascara and eyeliner left). Recommend their products HIGHLY although they are pricey.

I`ve heard a lot of raves about philosophy too, but been hesitant to try it. Just one question: you said that you were able to remove eye-makeup with it as well? did it not sting or hurt the eye when you applied the cleanser there? my eyes(and face in general) are super-sensitive so i just want to make sure before i buy
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Thais /img/forum/go_quote.gif Ok , I think I am slowly becoming a Philosophy girl... LOL I've bought a bunch of stuff from them recently and love it all.
But I just wanted to share a big rave for their "Purity Made Simple" cleanser. There is a lot of hype about this product, but I have to agree that it is awesome.

Before, I used to remove my makeup with Neutrogena face wipes, remove my eye make up with Clinique's "Take the day off" eye makeup remover, and then wash my face with a cleanser (most recently I was using one by clinique but I keep changing).

I got a sample of Purity at sephora and OH MY. In only one step, that thing removed my face makeup, my eye makeup (mascara and gel eyeliner included), AND washed my face leaving a super nice scent behind. I couldn't believe how efficient this product was in removing all of my makeup, and the skin feels so clean afterwards.

Needless to say, I bought the full size.
biggrin.gif

Now I only need 1 product instead of 3.
smile.gif

The only product that I had difficulty removing was my maybelline lash stylist waterproof mascara, but I always have trouble removing it with conventional eye makeup removers anyways -- it looks great on the lashes but it is a pain to remove!

Just thought I would share.
smile.gif

I totally agree. I use Purity Made Simple and Hope in a Jar. I read a lot of mixed reviews about Hope in a Jar and took my chances and I am GLAD I did. This is the first mositurizer I have finished a jar of and I bought another one too. I am totally hooked to it. I dont know how to describe it.. its moisturizing yet very light. Doesnt feel like you have slapped grease onto your face.. it soaks just right in. And honestly, I did almost "stray" after using Hope, but I tested some moisturizers and just didnt like them as much as I like Hope. I just didnt buy them. The only other moisturizer I love as much is Mary Kay Oild Free Gel.
And Purity.. I LOVE this too. It leaves my with a CLEAN feeling and my face doesnt feel dried out or tight. I got two of my friends also hooked to it. One of them went to India to visit her family and she carried a bottle with her. Her husband was going to go later and she called me asking me if I could buy another bottle and send it with him for her (she is still there and has been gone nearly two months now. She is returning next month). Even Jim, my husband loves it.

Try it... your only regret will be not having tried t sooner..

Originally Posted by xQueenOfHeartsx /img/forum/go_quote.gif I`ve heard a lot of raves about philosophy too, but been hesitant to try it. Just one question: you said that you were able to remove eye-makeup with it as well? did it not sting or hurt the eye when you applied the cleanser there? my eyes(and face in general) are super-sensitive so i just want to make sure before i buy
smile.gif
not in the least! Its very moisturizing and not like other cleaners that dry your face out. I was skeptical at first but once you use it, you're hooked!

Originally Posted by xQueenOfHeartsx /img/forum/go_quote.gif I`ve heard a lot of raves about philosophy too, but been hesitant to try it. Just one question: you said that you were able to remove eye-makeup with it as well? did it not sting or hurt the eye when you applied the cleanser there? my eyes(and face in general) are super-sensitive so i just want to make sure before i buy
smile.gif
no it didn't. Just keep your eyes shut to make sure no soap goes in your eye.

Back