beaglette

Best makeup brushes?

What is everyone's favorite makeup brushes that are reasonably priced? Has anyone found any that are comparable to MAC? If so, which ones (#'s and brands?) Also, are there various brands that you use different brushes from?

I have several brushes-- Revlon Professional (found these at Sally's), Philosophy, Body Shop and EDM sent me some free brushes with my order. I also have some cheap ELF brushes and brushes I got from bath and Body Works years ago.

Any suggestions would be mucho appreciated!

Warmly,

Brandi

aka beaglette

• Like 1

Try your local craft stores like Michael's. Many people have been raving about the Loew Cornell Maxinne's Mop (white bristles) brushes.

Sonia Kashuk has a really nice eye blending brush, very light and fluffy feel. And Essence of Beauty has great brushes: foundation, blush, kabuki, etc.

Originally Posted by beaglette View Post
What is everyone's favorite makeup brushes that are reasonably priced? Has anyone found any that are comparable to MAC? If so, which ones (#'s and brands?) Also, are there various brands that you use different brushes from?

I have several brushes-- Revlon Professional (found these at Sally's), Philosophy, Body Shop and EDM sent me some free brushes with my order. I also have some cheap ELF brushes and brushes I got from bath and Body Works years ago.

Any suggestions would be mucho appreciated!

Warmly,

Brandi

aka beaglette

The Body Shop are very good brushes because they're made of synthetic hairs that are extremely soft to the touch. Lumiere Minerals Cosmetics offers a large choice of brushes, in matter of shape and size, and are heavenly soft to the touche too :-))

I like the brushes at Poshbrushes.com. I just recently bought some and they are amazing! So soft and good like Mac brushes. Right now their offering 50% off their brushes if you use a code (I posted it under the coupons, etc forum). And they give free shipping if you spend more than $17 I believe. I bought 5 brushes for $20. Amazing and I got free shipping!

Originally Posted by rizzie_x3 View Post
Try your local craft stores like Michael's. Many people have been raving about the Loew Cornell Maxinne's Mop (white bristles) brushes.

I've been hearing about these too...I really wanna try.

Most of my brushes are from the body shop. They are so soft and I've washed them many times and they are still as great as when I bought them. I highly recommend them because they are just as good as any high end department store brushes, but much cheaper.

I love synthetic brushes (for face, as they are super soft) and I use brushes I bought from Target for eyes. smile.gif

I like Sonia Kashuk but find that the bristles stay on my face after using a few times. I like Bare Escentual's brushes.

My first set of brushes were the Essene of Beauty brushes from CVS and they are wonderful for the price. Since then I've accumulated other brushes from all over; MAC, Smashbox, Sephora, Everyday Minerals and Mally. I have to say that my MAC brushes are outstanding and I can really see the difference they make with blending and color compared to my other brushes.

I don't need any new brushes at the moment, but I think eventually and over time, I'll end up replacing all of my brushes with MAC brushes.

i have a set that i received in my school kit that i really like except the eyeshadow brushes. i have an es brush from sally's that im using until i find the perfect one (hee). i also have a chanel brush (#19) that i use for blending that i like. i want to try the ones from the craft store!

I have been wanting to try Smashbox's brushes..

But I think Sonia Kushuks (Spelling?) brushes are a cheaper, more affordable option..

Her brushes are available at Target!

• Like 1

I use The Body Shop's brushes and they are pretty good synthetic ones out there, about the same quality as MAC.

QUO's brushes are not as good as The Body Shop, they are too hard for the cheek, but for the eyeshadow is allright.

I havn't tried any natural hir brushes though..

I have some Essence of Beauty brushes and had no idea they were so highly rated! I am going to look for another set b/c it is time. I also want to ck out the ones from the Body Shop and the ones by Sonya sold @ Target.

Thanks Ladies!!

About the Sonia Kashuk; I have both the white handled and dark ergonomic. Do not get the white handled brushes. They=suck. I like my Face Secrets eyeshadow brushes from Sally Beauty. The face brushes aren't bad, but I don't feel strongly about them either. I have not tried MAC face brushes, but I was not impressed with the eyeshadow brushes. AT ALL. I have some of the Image Essentials brushes from Kmart and really like those. I did not like any of the ecotools brushes I have used. I was not happy with my badger brushes from Coastal Scents. I believe they are Crown brushes. I did get a huge badger brush from CS that is black handled that I love to death.

And I think that covers all of my brushes. I did try a Lowell-Cornell brush I didn't like, but it was one with black hair on it. The white haired artist brushes felt much softer. I am not yet decided on those.

• Like 1