beaglette

Best makeup brushes?

I agree, the Sonia white handles really do suck and scratch the hell outta my eyelids...

I like the EoB brushes, the Loew Cornells need to be conditioned after EVERY use to be soft imo. I like all my crown brushes alot - they're really soft. Other than that, I'm pretty random with brushes...

I've been hearing alot about Sigma brushes lately. There's some reviews on Youtube, but I don't feel I could trust them...

I LOVE eco tools. you can get them at rite aid, target, walgreens... just about any drug store. Go to youtube to watch some reviews about them.

I just got Trish McEvoy The Ball at bluemercury last week and it's awesome!

It's a sphere shaped makeup sponge that's awesome for coverage the best part is--no more lines!

I am def hooked. It feels substantial and like it will last longer than square ones where the edges tend to wear off.

I bought the set from sigma makeup , after watching Encore from you tube, and they are all VERY MAC comparable !! They remade their dupe of the 187 brush to make it fuller, and I think it is nicer than the MAC 187 the closest dupe I have ever seen . The entire set was $ 64.00 + shipping. They are definitely worth checking out if you are looking for MAC dupes !!! I looooove my set , and am very glad I got it !

sigma makeup

Mac brushes 217, 224, 239, 129

The Lowe Cornell 1/4, 3/8, 1/2 brushes are really comparable to MAC's also

probably out of all the brushes I use, my favorite is the "White Angled liner Brush" from coastal scents.

I like my EDM/CS brushes for my foundation, face, shadows...but that might just be because those are the only ones I own and have used. But the angled liner brush is soo cool...it's amazing how one slight little bend can make it so much easier to actually *see* when you're lining your eyes! (the bend makes it so the brush handle is actually to the side of your eye sight when you're lining your eyes, instead of directly in front of your eye, blocking your vision)

I have some MAC a lot of NARS and a few miscellaneous brushes. But the NARS is my FAV!!! But I use a Michael's Arts and Crafts brush for my pigment. It was like two bucks and I LOVE IT!! That one is a Royal Soft Grip SG 170. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT!

Interesting to see so many interpretations of the words "reasonably priced".

Studio Tools (Target) has some great brushes as does Face Secrets (Sally Beauty Supply), Posh (KMart) and elf.

I love Sigma brushes (sigmamakeup.com). I think they are MAC comparable, and they are even named like them. They look almost exactly like them too. I also like Coastal Scents (coastalscents.com) brushes. They are dirt cheap and great quality.

I just bought a bunch from Crown Brush. So far I really like them (except the duo fibre dupe, not really like MAC's). I got about 18 brushes and a brush belt for $85.

I like both of Sonia Kashuk's brush lines, the white handled and the black handled. I really love EcoTools brushes. They are some of the softest brushes I've ever touched. Affordable too!

I'm soooo done with spending a fortune on expensive, brand name brushes!

I now buy all my brushes from Coastal Scents [coastalscents.com]. Their brushes range in price from $1.95 to $15.00, but they are all of superb quality. They have several brushes that are dupes for the more expensive ones, but they hold up just as well, if not better!

Their Large Synthetic Buffer Brush is my HG brush for foundation application.

I use GOSH brushes... they cost around £8 each more or less. I'm getting some more in a couple of weeks with my birthday money. Need a brush for contouring (I'm hopeless at it though) and also more eyeshadow brushes as I only have fairly large ones.

I have a set of Italian Badger brushes that I love. They are the softest I've ever used and do not scratch at all. I bought them on the internet years ago but they look just like the ones from Coastal Scents.

I subscribe to Makeup Artist Magazine and that's where I found Crown Brush

They are the manufacturer. They make the brushes that all these brands later buy and brand themselves. YOu can buy from Crown Brush website at their wholesale prices and these are professional high quality brushes. I use them on all my shoots. You can get sable, Italian badger, all kinds of brushes cheap. They also offer pro sets for makeup and nails.

i've been using Quo, Benefit, Smashbox, Make Up For Ever. i LOVE LOVE LOVE the MUFE HD Kabuki brush. It's super soft and really dense.

I use:

BE: concealer brush and overall face brush (I also have the baby kabuki but I rarely use it)

Smashbox: foundation brush, eyeliner brush and the angled brow brush

Model Co.: eyeshadow

Estee Lauder: eyeshadow brushes

I've been wanting to try Body Shop's brushes too because they feel like heaven on my face! I'm sure this will be my next buy.

Btw, BE's brushes are not quite good. My face brush is quite painful and the hairs always fall when I use it. I think I'll try body shop after this.

I have a combination of brushes.

My main powder brush is a MAC #129 powder brush that I use for my blush.

I own Sephora foundation, medium eye shadow, and concealer brushes. I like the shadow brush the most, foundation and concealer brushes are meh.

I absolutely ADORE my Too Faced "Teddy Bear Hair" brushes that I bought for 20% off. Lip brushes, blending brushes, the whole shabang. Well worth the $ and then some.

I also bought a cute smudge brush from Target's line of brushes the other day and it works like a dream (I only paid $2 and some change for it)!

I'm planning to look into Sonia Kashuk brushes.