beaglette

Best makeup brushes?

I LOVE my Illamasqua brushes!!! They are so soft and retain their shape with hardly anny shedding at all. Also Sonia Kashuk brushes are a favorite of mine (the all black signature handles) because they are really soft and blend well without shedding... plus they only run about $10/ea. But Essence of Beauty from Walgreens and CVS are actually really good as well, I love there crease brushes, and you usually get two sizes in a package for under $10. They're soft as well and hold shape.

They are giving away M.A.C. brushes for free at www dot CLAIMFREEBIES dot com (gotta remove the link because I have less than 10 posts). You gotta fill out an offer or two but most offers are appealing free trials. It's probably worth it considering the quality and prices of M.A.C. brushes.

Clean each brush by shaking bristles back and forth in the soapy water and then rubbing them until they foam. To keep wood handles from warping or glue from loosening, do not totally submerge brushes. Wipe handles with a damp, soapy cloth.Thoroughly rinse all traces of cleanser from bristles in warm water.Squeeze water from bristles, and then use a dry towel to squeeze out more water.

Originally Posted by YourOneAndOnly View Post
Sonia Kashuk has some really nice eyeshadow brushes. For foundation brush however I opted for MAC. I would definately check out her line of brushes at Target smile.gif
I would agree, but recently I bought 11 make-up brushes from Avon's Mark collection and they're such great brushes for the price they are (from $2-$9). Soft, they work wonderfully, and honestly there are some that I love more than my MAC brushes. Foundation brush from Mark is really good to. Any Avon brand brushes are great! here's a link to the Mark brushes:

Avon Shop - Products

they don't ship internationally, however. frown.gif

how much is the price range for Sonia Kashuk brushes? Now I'm using some make up forever brushes, although it's kind of pricey but I think it's nice and great, I also have the body shop brushes, I like them too.

Originally Posted by MorrisonsMaenad View Post
I would agree, but recently I bought 11 make-up brushes from Avon's Mark collection and they're such great brushes for the price they are (from $2-$9). Soft, they work wonderfully, and honestly there are some that I love more than my MAC brushes. Foundation brush from Mark is really good to. Any Avon brand brushes are great! here's a link to the Mark brushes:

Avon Shop - Products

they don't ship internationally, however. frown.gif

Thanks for sharing! Mark is quickly becoming my favorite cosmetics brand. I love their stuff! The only brushes I have from them are the mini brush travel kit, which I really like. My last few orders with them, I've debated on whether or not to purchase any of their full sized brushes. I haven't yet, but I think I will now. I really want their new flat liner brush!

has anybody tried sephora brushes?

i live in korea and i want to buy some new brushes that korea doesnt have. but then id have to order it from the states and i dont wanna buy something thats not worth it! smile.gif

Gotta add my new Urban Decay Blush Brush to the mix. After reading Carmindy's 2009 "5 Minute Face" book, I decided to give a blush brush a try for use with my (pressed) powder. Fab idea. Works great! Super soft, and cruelty free! I think I'll be buying a few more of their brushes. They rival, dare I say it, my Too Faced "teddy bear hair" brushes! smile.gif

I love the brushes at The Powder Room. I used to use MAC brushes when working and changed to these brushes. The quality is the same or better and the prices are way better. www.thepowderroom-salonretial.com

I dont compromise when it comes to brushes. I use high end makeup and only the best brushes. Brushes cost alot for a reason. You really do get what you pay for! Would you rather have one that you paid more but will last for years to come or one that will shed on you the first day you buy it?

So when it comes to brushes or even makeup tems, I dont recommend cheaper alternatives.

I also dunno why some people use Sonia Kashuk, true she has some good brushes. However, many of them are very abrasive/rough. Its like using a mini broomstick on your lid! I would definetly not advise people to use it. With the prices she sells them for, you might as well chip in $4 more and get MAC or any other high end brand of makeup brushes

I have a Makeup Brush Set that I picked up, but I also have some MAC and Bobbi Brown brushes that I use for eyeshadow and eyeliner.  I have a new synthetic Kabuki that is super soft that I like too.  I like to pick up new brushes and test them out.  Sigma is a good alternative to MAC.

I just got 'ebelin powder brush' at dm in germany and it's really awesome. it costs about 3$ and i think it's better than an expensive brush, like mac. 

yeah soft dome brush used for eye shades,it makes a much smoother combined look.It is used for mixing darkness under the temple, implementing a smoother quantity of shade in the anti aging, and even for implementing powdered ingredients under the sight to avoid that forming ridges. throughout the day.

yeah MUG Soft Dome Brush for eye shades,it makes a much smoother combined look.It is used for mixing darkness under the temple, implementing a smoother quantity of shade in the anti aging, and even for implementing powdered ingredients under the sight to avoid that forming ridges. throughout the day.

I'm a Sigma girl all the way. I know they're over hyped esp. on Youtube. but they're hyped about for a reason and that's because they're amazing! They are MUCH softer than any MAC brush i've ever felt. I don't use MAC, and that's because i find that they're not dense enough to fulfill what I want out of my brushes. Sigma's are all 100 percent perfect in that area, in the softness scale, and the pricing is right in the middle and perfect for a brush that will last for ages!