Girls Please Help!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think you should be fine with those colors. You can always mix it up to get your exact color. I, myself have accidentally ordered the wrong color but usually I can mix it with another color to suite me for certain seasons.

I only get one foundation color, so is there anything you see in the kit that I could mix it with? I have never bought bare escentuals before so I know nothing about it. Do you use that brand? Thanks for the reply.

BE is good as long as you don't have allergic reaction from the bismuth oxychloride. I used to use BE before but it made my skin itchy and tend to oxidize and turn orange on me. I think the shade you picked might be slightly too dark for you, I'm NC20 and my shade in BE was fairly light. I prefer Everyday Minerals. HTH!
smile.gif

P.S. I just took a look at the kit you ordered. let me warn you, their brushes are very scratchy but the rest of the products should be great!
smile.gif

A lot of people love BM but some people react to the ingredient rizzie was talking about, so that's the only thing you will have to watch out for.

Since you are an NW 15, Light should be just about right for you.

Let us know how you like it when you get it
smile.gif

Thanks for all the help. I was going to order medium, but i'm glad I didn't. It doesn't come with mineral veil though so I guess I have to buy some. Does anyone know what the radiance stuff is? I have used several mineral foundations before and they never bothered me so i'm hoping this won't. I have redness from rosacea so hopefully this will cover it up. I think I need a concealer too.

Hi

I am a NC 25-30 and I can wear BE Light but it is a tad to yellow for me.

T

I have another question. My set doesn't come with mineral veil, so is there anything I can use from the ds until I can order some, or do I even have to have it? Thanks for all the help!!

I ordered and returned it three times. I actually found this site because I remember hearing or knowing that there were many, many options with regard to mineral makeup, and I wanted t research it a little further. I'm finding a lot of good info, too. Whatever happens with it, make sure to experiment with application and other brands if you're committed to a MM lifestyle.

Good luck!

Originally Posted by girly_girl /img/forum/go_quote.gif I have another question. My set doesn't come with mineral veil, so is there anything I can use from the ds until I can order some, or do I even have to have it? Thanks for all the help!! the mineral veil in itself isn't a musthave, you can perfectly wear your foundation and only your foundation. it just sets it and helps keep it matte (if you're oily then you might find it useful). i do recommend it, but if you have some "traditional" translucent powder, you could use that instead.i also suggest you try other brands, a lot of them offer you the shipping costs if you order only samples, that way you could try some mineral veils for only a few bucks
smile.gif

Thanks. I got the kit today. I haven't really figured out how to apply it yet and it doesn't come with anything that tells you how. Is there a how to on here anywhere? I don't have oily skin but I did buy some powder from Loreals mineral line. I think the light is a little too light for me, but i'm not sure yet. Is there anything you all could suggest to help with this? Thanks for all the help! You all have been great!!

Bare Minerals is a very nice makeup. This is what I originally started out with and my only real problem with them is their shades. I never could find one that matched my skin close enough and so that is why I started my own brand and I actually like it much more than BM. But I am sure that if the shade is right then you will enjoy it. One other thing, I think they could work on making a foundation with a little bit more coverage for us freckle faces like myself. But I don't have to worry about it anymore since I started my own business and make it "my way". A good tip is to use a synthetic brush instead of a natural one because synthetic is the best for mineral powders in my opinion.
smile.gif

Application is pretty easy once you get it down. It takes a bit of practice but you will get it. Just tap a little bit of the powder into the lid and then squish your brush down into it and swirl it around and then tap some off into the lid and then what I do is to tap the brush's butt end on the counter top to knock the powder down a bit so it won't all go into the air. Then brush it onto your skin and go all over your face with it and touch up dark circles with a smaller brush. Now this works really well with synthetic hair brushes so you may want to invest in one. These will lay the mineral makeup down onto your skin as opposed to dragging accross your skin. Synthetics are so much softer on the skin. I was skeptical until I tried one and was amazed. But you want to make sure you are getting a really good one.

where do you get synthetic brushes? I have a Jane Iredale brush, the BE brushes, then I have some I got from Kmart. I'm not sure if any of those are good. Any suggestions?

i would recomend getting the mineral veil... i use BE and I dont like the loo kw/ out the mineral veil.. you can order a starter kit online at sephora or ulta it gives u the brushes, foundation and mineral veil...

Originally Posted by girly_girl /img/forum/go_quote.gif Thanks. I got the kit today. I haven't really figured out how to apply it yet and it doesn't come with anything that tells you how. Is there a how to on here anywhere? I don't have oily skin but I did buy some powder from Loreals mineral line. I think the light is a little too light for me, but i'm not sure yet. Is there anything you all could suggest to help with this? Thanks for all the help! You all have been great!! No DVD? The kits always come with a DVD, don't they?

Well I myself and a distributor of them and so I purchase them in bulk quantities from my supplier.

No it didn't come with a Video...I wish it did. It was the Todays special Value on QVC. I would like a DVD though...guess I could see how much they sell for. I will check out those brushes!

Latest posts

Back