I need undereye circle help

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Okay lately I've been very frustrated with the way my makeup has been looking! I'm a very pale girl with dark brown eyes and black hair that's long and normally down & pin straight...

When I put on my foundation and powder, I can't help but to never have enough concealer or cover up underneath my eyes. I've tried using a hue with a yellow undertone, I've tried using white..I've tried everything-but still can't achieve the perfect face because of my under eyes! What should I do?

What products do ya'll use to cover yours? Maybe I'm doing something wrong..

What's your makeup routine?

I feel your pain. I have horrid dark circles. My trick is this. I use The Balm TimeBalm Concealer in medium (they have a light one) then I put foundation on my face including over the concealer then a little more concealer over the foundation. Before all this I moisturize the heck out of the undereye area. I've been looking for the answer for 25 years and this is the closest to perfection I have found. You can buy TimeBalm at Sephora for $16. It's in a little tub but it lasts FOREVER. Here is a recent thread about it.

https://forum.makeuptalk.com/f11...ler-71701.html

forgot to add that I set the whole undereye area with a loose powder when I'm done.

I'm going to try that one, too. I've tried everything. I was reading that thread and it sounds interesting. When I'm out of mine, I'll try that one. My circles are just the coloring of my skin, i hate it. I can sleep, eat, and drink properly, everything and they will still be there.

It would be good to have more info on what actual products you have used before as under-eye concealer. A common problem is that the concealer isn't creamy enough.

I have them BAD sometimes. Here's what I do, works really well for me.

I use benefit "lemon aid" on just the dark parts, then foundation, then I use benefit "eye bright" over that. Sometimes if they're really bad before I do any of that I'll trace the dark areas with a soft white eyeliner pencil and pat to blend it, then continue with the rest of it.

Originally Posted by kaylin_marie /img/forum/go_quote.gif I have them BAD sometimes. Here's what I do, works really well for me.
I use benefit "lemon aid" on just the dark parts, then foundation, then I use benefit "eye bright" over that. Sometimes if they're really bad before I do any of that I'll trace the dark areas with a soft white eyeliner pencil and pat to blend it, then continue with the rest of it.

I agree with the white eyeliner. It's very helpful.

I have such a ritual for this, it's quite embarassing, but it works for me.

1)Laura Mercier Eye brightener to deflect the light from my dark circles

2)Bobbi Brown corrector (it's a peachy color) to take away the purple/black

3)Bobbi Brown Concealer to match my skin color

4)Laura Mercier Secret Eye Brightening Powder to set the whole thing.

Ouf, no wonder why I'm always late for work. HTH.

I've heard great reviews for Boots No.7 illuminating concealer. It's a cheaper version of YSL Touche eclait and Dior Skinflash

oh man, im up there with the best of you

fast response eyecream or moisturelush eye cream

peach correcter

nw25 concealer

c3 studio fix powder over it

its the only thing that works
frown.gif

i wanna try the timebalm balm though

Bare minerals

Cover Girl concealer

I would say start using an eyecream to help and get an illuminating concealer or a brightening stick to put in the corners of your eyes....i have badd circles to with my pale skin but i use bare minerals and a concealer from a drugstore and it covers mine pretty good.

Originally Posted by makeup_nerd /img/forum/go_quote.gif I have such a ritual for this, it's quite embarassing, but it works for me.

Bobbi Brown does the trick for me too - the corrector is an extra step and unlike concealer it has indeed peachy/pink tone to it.

Originally Posted by makeup_nerd /img/forum/go_quote.gif I have such a ritual for this, it's quite embarassing, but it works for me.

I use the exact same products too.. and I also use LM Secret Camouflage, in addition. It s not meant for undereyes, but somehow, I use a teeny weeny bit and blend the heck out of it and make it work.I have p-r-e-t-t-y hideous dark circles too and the BB and LM products have helped. They dont cover it ALL but then covering them TOTALLY would look unnatural anyways..

I also have really dark under eye circles. I use evey day minerals sunshine concealer which works really well as long as I use severel thin layers.

You've probably heard of / tried this before, but try sticking a spoon in your freezer for about 20 minutes before you go to bed and wash your face, etc. Hold the cold spoons under your eyes. They should fit almost perfectly in the little crease area below your eye where dark circles form. Hold them there for about a minute before you go to sleep. It reduces puffiness and the darkness. If that doesn't work, try orangeish or red-ish eyeshadows or concealers before you put your foundation on.

Dermablend concealer is awsome. It's not cakey at all! Start with one thin layer, and build up.

Back