Studio fix powder: how do you apply it

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I initially applied it with a sponge and hated it, it felt too thick on my skin and i FELT the makeup and i felt like it clogged my pores.

Then i applied it with the 132 and i fell in love. It gives me just enough coverage that i can build and it doesnt feel gross on me. I have it in c4 and i use it over my concealer to give better coverage for my undereye circles. (with eyecream first of course)

Also, i used a few sprays of fix + afterwards to take the powdery finish away and give skin a nice "dewey" look/

What about you guys?

Are you talking about Studio Fix Powder or Liquid?
smile.gif

There is a liquid one too? i thought there were only cream and powder lol

I have never liked it though, it feels too heavy and cakey on me :/

I love my Studio fix powder! I wear N4 and I've just been using the sponge that comes with it. It gives great coverage, but Leila said using the 132 will make the coverage alot nicer, so I'm gonna have to go get that! I never thought of spraying Fix+ afterward. That's a great idea!

yeah, like i said, thats why i apply it with the 132, i just wish i could apply it with the sponge without feeling it so much. Mabe if i try an oil control lotion first...hmmm

i also like the 132 with th nautral MSF's

oh and i edited the title, i meant the powder Shaundra

I don't use studio fix but I do use powder foundation sometimes. I use a kabuki and swirl it in and then mist the brush with LUSH's eau roma toner and buff it onto my face after applying concealer.

yeah i take my studio fix powder too and put fix + and buff it on my face. it works great

I like to apply it with the mac kabuki as well. It gives great coverage without making it look heavy. Sometimes, I also just use a powder brush. Then go over the areas that need extra covering with the foundation brush. I also use the Fix+ and I love the look! I used to spray water onto my face afterwards or a liquid moisturizer to get the same effect as Fix+. But Fix+ makes the makeup last longer.

I don't really use my powder one much because it's too dark for my skin tone right now. But I use a big fluffy powder brush for it.

I use Studio fix fluid but my sisters use the powder and they apply it with a sponge!

I never really got on with it. I wear it for photoshoots sometimes, but thats it. I used to use my fingers thought I just bought a nice Sephora foundation brush - I may give it a go with that! I like the coverage, but not the smell, feel or cakeyness of the result.

xxx

I love the buildable coverage that my StudioFix powder has. i' use the sponge. You have to replace the sponge from time to time so as not to add oily buildup. I have the liquid, too, but that is my summer make-up cuz it is darker. Love them both. i like the idea of spraying after. Never thought of that. Thanks for the tips!

oo thanks girls!!

oops i meant the 134, it is a denser fatter version of the 150 i guess lol with a shorter handel, its good for applying powders because you can get a nice even coverage

Yeah, I use a brush like that one... (134). Sponges work good but it picks up a lot of product quickly and applies heavy IMO. Whereas the big powder blush can be more buildable and like you said Liz, distribute more evenly.

Back