Dry, cracked, winter-worn feet. HELP!!!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My nasty habit of ignoring my feet in the wintertime has finally caught up with me. My feet are completely dried out and cracking. I've tried slathering on the lotion and sleeping with socks on, but nothing seems to work. Any suggestions?
10.gif

Aquaphor is amazing. If you slather it on and put those socks back on for a few nights, you will be surprised how much better they are. When my daughter was younger she had some sort of a skin condition that only affected her feet. the dermatologist never could figure it out but her skin would crack and bleed on the bottom of her feet. He had me start using Aquaphor and any time after that when it would flare up we would use it a few days and it was gone.

Get you one of those metal foot files, soak your feet in the hottest water you can stand for about 15 minutes, then file, file, FILE! Slather on some Sally Hansen Healing Foot Creme and put on a pair of socks. You will wake up to feet so smooth you'll slide on linoleum. LOL

I also use a foot file to keep my heels smooth! the metal ones can seem scary so I'd start off with an emery foot file, same stuff as a nail file. Hot shower/bath and file away! then that evening slather on VASELINE (no joKE!) and the next morning repeat until smooth skin is achieved! vaseline is cheap and works wonders!! (I take hot showers and file after that, but if you prefer cooler water than a soak is in order)

if they're really bad i'd go for the vaseline! personally, i love to use carol's daughter lemon rose hand creme. i do use a pedicure groomer everyday in the shower to make sure the old tootsies stay soft and supple during winter!

i use vasaline at night.

like a super thick layer, so my feet are just pretty much drenched in it.

when i wake up my feet are so soft, that i barely need foot cream for the rest of the day.

or anther great foot treatment is when your exercising, put vasaline on your feet before you do your work out. so the heat and movement your feet are doing is like a mini-treatment for them.

exfoliate, exfoliate, exfoliate, lol. a foot file or a pumice stone are great. i also recommend vaseline at night.

in the morning, here's my little trick, i apply oil on my body and i make sure i apply some on my feet too before putting on my socks. does a good job at keeping them not too dry.

the pumice stone in the shower has helped me out. But I might have to try the Vaseline at night routine at night and see how that works.

Cracked heels are caused by a lack of proper feet care. The soles of the feet lose moisture making the skin hard and brittle. This leads to the formation of vertical fissures on the soles. These fissures can run deep and is very painful.

Applying a mixture of Bees Wax and mustard oil resolves the symptoms of cracked heels.

Take about 250 Gms of Beeswax and 50 ml of mustard oil. Heat the mixture till the wax melts. Cool the mixture and apply it on the cracks. The symptoms of cracked heels are resolved in a month.

Cracked Heels?

My heels are really dry and cracked. Pretty bad.

Is there anything that works well? I tried that Cow butter stuff that smells super bad.

I just recently bought Sally Hansen Pedicure In a Minute. I like it a lot!! I put it on feet that are almost entirely dry, just rinsed for a second under the water and then towel dried. Then I rub it on and rinse it off, and put on some foot cream and socks!! It takes a few days in a row to see the full benefits but it works really nice!

Soak the feet in a tea bath ,any black tea will do ,and use a pumice stone. I get this problem too. This always helps after a long winter wearing wool socks.Feet get dry.

I do Vaseline and socks. My feet get really dry in the winter and it takes them a while to look like anything with summer coming.

Originally Posted by Retro-Violet /img/forum/go_quote.gif i use vasaline at night.like a super thick layer, so my feet are just pretty much drenched in it.

when i wake up my feet are so soft, that i barely need foot cream for the rest of the day.

Thats exactly what i was going to recommend
I also got this lotion from the foot Dr. that used to be perscrption but now they sell it in the pharmacy section without one...its called AmLactin XL. Its a high potency alpha-hydroxy therapy for rough, dry skin. Honestly....it has worked wonders for my winter feet

Use the Ped Egg! It's awesome. Then put heavy duty lotion on your feet every night and put socks on. If your feet are really bad you'll probably want to do it often.

Latest posts

Back