Phone Suggestions

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Holaaa everyone ; I've always been under a family plan but now I'm going to be switching to an individual plan since I have to start paying for my phone. I have less then a month to decide and it's been driving my crazzzzy. Too many choices and I feel like I'm not getting told the right information.
vogel.gif

So I'd like to hear from yourrr prior experiences. pleaseeeeeeee.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

here's what i'm looking for so you guys have an idea:

- an inexpensive plan [duhhh] with the lowest amount

of anytime minutes. as long as i have my unlimited night

& weekend mintues i`m fine. i also want unlimited text

and maybe internet depending on the cost. i really want

a phone with a full keyboard. i love texting. <3

Here are the phones / plans I have in mind so far ;

T-Mobile Dash$99

250x270myfaves.jpg

Service:

myFaves 300 - $39.99 per month

Plus Unlimited Texting - $14.99 per month

Total per month about: $55

i heard that i don't have to pay for internet

if i just use internet where there are WiFi hotspots

like starbucks, kinkos, etc.. is this true?

Next in line ;

T-Mobile Wing

250x270.jpg

Same plan as the T-Mobile Dash.

Anyone have this phone?

Like or dislike?

Nextttt ..

AT&T Tilt

att_tilt_l.gif

Service:

450 anytime rollover minutes

with unlimited messaging & pay-per use web

$59.99 per month

450 anytime rollover minutes

with unlimited messaging & web.

$89.99 per month

Nexttt candidate:

Verizon Voyager

the fact that i have to pay over

$40 for a data plan (not including calling plan)

scared me away.

maybe someone can convince me

that verizon is the way to go..

Any other amazing verizon phones you suggest?

Last but not least:

Sprint Rumor

& Sprint Mogul.
I would reallllllyyyyyyy appreciate it to hear what everyone thinks. Am i making the situation bigger then what it is? lol. I guess i'm just worried since it's my first time doing this on my own.
Thanks.
rockwoot.gif

Sorrrrrrry ; put it in the wrong forum. =X

Thanks for moving it.

take care.

& hopefully i get some suggestions.

Don't know about the others, but I happened to read a report on the Tilt on Cnet.com.

The good: The AT&T Tilt features a slide-out full QWERTY keyboard and a tilting screen. The Windows Mobile 6 smart phone also offers the full gamut of wireless options, including 3G and GPS, push e-mail, a 3-megapixel camera, and support for AT&TMusic and Video.

The bad: Speakerphone quality wasn't the greatest, and talk-time battery life was on the shorter side. The Tilt was sluggish at times, and picture quality was subpar. We also had problems acquiring a GPS fix.

The bottom line: The AT&T Tilt promises to be the carrier's most powerful smart phone for business users with its full range of wireless options, Windows Mobile 6, and innovative tilt screen.

CNET is one of the resources I use when I look for tech stuff to buy.

Tech product reviews for cell phones, computers, MP3 players - CNET

The best deal out there now is the Sprint employee referral plan, aka SERO plan. You can get 500 minutes for $30 and a pink Centro for $100, plus $100 credit divided between two bills (promo code: URANG). This includes unlimited nights and weekends, unlimited text messaging, unlimited mobile-to-mobile, unlimited web/data access, unlimited picture mail. If you want 1250 minutes, $49.99 and 2500 minutes for $99.99. Nights and weekends start at 7:00 pm - for $10 more you can get them starting at 6:00 pm.

Here's the link and an employee address to look around (and sign up) if you wish. No, it's not my address. I don't work outside the home :)

Sprint Employee Referral Offer

**no email addresses**

There are tons of other phones to choose from as well. I just like the Pink Centro. I'm hoping to get it
smile.gif

Warmly,

Brandi

aka beaglette

I have worked at Cingular (now AT&T) and I work at Alltel now. AT&T normally has really good quality phones, the service is good and the internet is fast. I had the Blackjack with all the goodies (which I completely reccomend) and I have since switched to the Razr 2, but that's not full QWERTY. And for the most part customer service is pretty decent.

No one take offense to this, but I would try to avoid Sprint...they are having serious issues these days. They just downsized over 4,000 employees and I think something like 18% of there company stores and even more of the "authorized retail" stores - meaning they are like contracted stores.

Anywho - there is my suggestions
smile.gif
Thought I would give me 2 cents LOL!

Oh wow, I would have never known that about sprint. I've always had them

and never had any major problems. hmm..

I was really liking the Sprint Employee discount page Brandi sent lol.

Does At&t, Verizon, T-Mobile or anyone else have those wonderful Employee discount pages? lol.

Originally Posted by PerfectMistake /img/forum/go_quote.gif I have worked at Cingular (now AT&T) and I work at Alltel now. AT&T normally has really good quality phones, the service is good and the internet is fast. I had the Blackjack with all the goodies (which I completely reccomend) and I have since switched to the Razr 2, but that's not full QWERTY. And for the most part customer service is pretty decent.
No one take offense to this, but I would try to avoid Sprint...they are having serious issues these days. They just downsized over 4,000 employees and I think something like 18% of there company stores and even more of the "authorized retail" stores - meaning they are like contracted stores.

Anywho - there is my suggestions
smile.gif
Thought I would give me 2 cents LOL!

I just left Sprint after several years. I had Nextel which was bought by them and have had nothing but problems since. Dropped calls, too expensive (not worth it for the radio) and horrid customer service.I have Alltel now and so far so good.

I like the "My Circle" that Alltel has. 10 numbers you can call and receive for free. Landlines or cellphones and you can change the numbers any time you want. They were having some great deals on phones not too long ago. BTW, Sprint also dropped thousands of customers that they basically said they were unable to make happy. Hmmm......get a clue.

I have AT&T and for the most part I am happy. I had the 8125 which is similar to the Tilt but an older model and I loved it (until my daughter decided to play baseball with it and threw it across the room). I now have a Palm Treo and I LOVE LOVE it. Super fast internet, chat text-messaging (looks like an IM and keeps text messages grouped by person in 'conversation' mode, like a long IM, so cool.)

I have recommended it to everyone I know! Good luck!

Thanks for the suggestions.

I'm not too worried about the phones anymore,

more worried on the plans.

Well, some of the Sprint is still okay. Because I work at Alltel, we get all these exclusive things within the wireless world! They should have never done anything with Nextel...they were both good all by there selves.

Alltel - naturally I am going to recommend it and talk them up (I work with business account, but I still know about person accounts). The MyCircle thing is VERY handy and you get that on top of mobile to mobile and night & weekends! Another wonderful thing is that we have Anytime Plan Changes! You can change ANYTHING about your rate plan, features, etc. at ANYTIME and you don't have to extend your contract...Sprint makes you extend anywhere from 1 to 2 years even if you want to change a feature!!

If you are wanting something that does internet and messaging, you can get a SmartChoice package that includes 500 nationwide minutes, unlimited internet (aka data), unlimited messaging, unlimited mobile to mobile, unlimited nights and weekends (AND your night and weekends start at 7) and 10 MyCircle numbers...that's a good deal
smile.gif

We have good phones, but we aren't as big as some of the others, so we don't have as much choice. We just came out with a red BlackBerry Pearl that is sure to be a hit and the HTC Touch (our version on the iPhone, much better IMHO). We have about 6 or 7 other full QWERTY keyboard phone.

Okay, getting off my soap box LOL! If you want anymore info, I will give you the honest low-down...PM me
smile.gif

hahaaa ! Thanksssss ms. perfectmistake. =D

i'm going to PM you now.

keep the suggestions coming lovliess.

Back