Kristen Stewart Wants A ‘Twilight’ Series That Sucks…In All The Right Ways

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Kristen Stewart Wants A ‘Twilight’ Series That Sucks…In All The Right Ways

Published by MTV Movies Team on Monday, February 4, 2008 at 11:27 am.

kstewart140.jpg
Article by Alexandra Gambardella

“Harry Potter†did it for wizards, “Lord of the Rings†won big for hobbits, and “Narnia†brought it home for the talking woodland creatures. But can a soon-to-shoot movie similarly turn the creaky film cliché of vampires into the next multimillion-dollar fantasy flick franchise?

“The movie is called ‘Twilight,’ †17-year-old “Into the Wild†actress Kristen Stewart beamed when we recently spoke to her. “[’Lords of Dogtown’ filmmaker] Catherine Hardwicke is directing it in Washington. It’s based on a book that’s pretty popular [among] young adult, high school kids.â€

Although Stewart and co-star Robert Pattinson (Cedric Diggory!) will soon film only the first movie, they’re already talking about turning the vampire storyline into a series that really sucks. And since the latest book sold over 150,000 copies in its first day alone, Bella and Edward fans everywhere are already counting down the months until the film’s release.

“People really love these books,†said Stewart. “Right now it’s a trilogy, and a fourth book is coming out, so hopefully we’ll get to shoot all four.â€

For those who haven’t yet been bitten, “Twilight†will feature Stewart as Bella Swan, a teenage girl whose life gets turned upside-down after she meets and falls in love with a vampire. Additional names will be cast in the next few weeks, but according to the actress, 21-year-old Pattinson is already sinking his teeth into the role of Edward.

“He’s so good and he’s so soulful and he’s just not a liar — you can feel pain from him,†Stewart cooed. “The cool thing about the story is that it’s a seemingly wonderful fantasy — let’s fall in love with vampires and live forever — but it’s so much harder than that. Imagine living forever. Living one life is hard enough.â€

But don’t get fooled into thinking this is going to be “The Notebook†for the undead. “The main character is like, superhuman,†Stewart said of the action scenes in the script. “He’s a vampire, but with really [heightened powers]; he can run faster than a car can drive, and he’s super strong. He throws me over his back [in one scene], right before he’s going to tell me that he’s a vampire, and then he runs over the treetops. And we’re going to be in real treetops; we’re not just going to CGI it. We actually get to go up there, and that’s what I’m stoked on.â€

“It’s a pretty triumphant love story,†Stewart concluded, looking forward to stepping in front of the cameras. “It’s gonna take a while, and it [deserves to be] at least a series of three.â€

I LOVE these books, I'm in love with Edward lol

I wonder what the movie'll be like though, I hope they don't muck around with the story line too much, there's a lot of hype around it, I hope it lives up to it. I like the choice of actor for Edward, Robert Pattison, he's gorgeous.

For anyone that's read the books, you reckon they made a good pick for Edward?

EdwardRobertPattison8.jpg

POS_220637_5376.jpg

Robert_Pattinson.jpg

Originally Posted by Bec688 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I LOVE these books, I'm in love with Edward lol
I wonder what the movie'll be like though, I hope they don't muck around with the story line too much, there's a lot of hype around it, I hope it lives up to it. I like the choice of actor for Edward, Robert Pattison, he's gorgeous.

I'm sure they must have had you in mind when they cast Robert Pattison because you are hopelessly and utterly besotted with him! LOL!
smile.gif

I know, its terrible lol I feel like I'm 15 again and getting giddy over a new crush lol

oh bec I totally hear you. He's beautiful. I think I have a celeb-crush
biggrin.gif

I havent heard about these books but they sound great! I would like to see the movie once it's out too

After I read the first book I thought who would play Edward? And then I was watching Harry Potter and I thought Cedric would be PERFECT! I googled him and there his name was under Edward! Good choice!

I read the script and it looks very promising. Cant tell you how it is with the book though since I never read them. But the script is good so hopefully that translates to the movie.

Your girls!!! Hahaha.. He doesn't look all. that special to me!!! Lol

Oh Karren... I don't know if I could forgive you lol

Mmmm Robert!

edwardcullen-1.jpg

I've seen tid bits from the film on youtube... and they have changed around a few things, which hasn't made me happy, though I guess I should wait til the movie comes out before I make any judgements. That's what ruined the Harry Potter films for me, they changed things too much or cut out really important parts.

Originally Posted by Bec688 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I LOVE these books, I'm in love with Edward lol

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c9...tPattison8.jpg

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c9...20637_5376.jpg

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c9..._Pattinson.jpg

I've never heard of these books but now i'm really gonna have to check into it. I love vampire novels. This guy really looks the part too.

I'm a little late on this thread as not been on MuT for a while but I've read the first three books, about to read the fourth, seen the film 6 times at the cinema...I am completely in love with Edward and also with Rob Pattinson, he's just beautiful!

I've fallen in love with all the characters too, Jasper is awesome, I hope they portray him a little like in the books!

Without giving too much away - for those who've read it, is anyone else completely infuriated by Jacob Black?!!

I like Jacob Black. I wouldn't say it's my favorite character in the movie, but i kind of wait for the rest.

Maybe once I've finished the last book I might like him but in the third book Eclipse he and probably Bella as well annoyed me so much! Don't want to say too much for those who've not read it and want to but they both really annoyed me! Suppose that's the sign of a good book though - the fact you get involved with the characters :)

Back