eiraMLisa

Vaseline for the face?

This is a very interesting thread. I've never used Vasoline as a face moisturizer, other than on my lips when they are chapped. I'm going to look into this more. Thanks!

I only use it after having a cold around my nose.  If I use it too much all over my skin it gets too oily and I don't really like the way it feels.  It is very heavy.

My whole life I've used Vaseline on my lips and cheeks during cold weather, but lately I've been using it alot more. It's the only moisturizer I use at night after washing my face. Put a thin layer on, go to sleep, and when you wash your face in the morning you'll have a nice healthy glow. One amazing thing I've discovered from this is that it is amazing on your eyelashes!!! I've been using it on my lashes for only 5 days and they have gotten longer and thicker, definetley happy with the results :)

I use it often and I love it.

A friend's grandmother uses it every night, and aside from her old-lady hairdo, you'd never be able to guess her age. Her face is completely smooth and unlined.

Vaseline works best on chapped lips and wind burn. Also as a make up remover but haven't used it as face moisturizer. A hand and foot moisturizer maybe since it works on cracked heels too. 

I try to stay away from petroleum jelly. In the winter, I had a terrible cold that left the sides of my nose rubbed raw and chapped. I put Vaseline on it and broke out like a nightmare. I used to apply a little bit on my lips in the center though, where they tend to get dry, and had no problems.

I can't say I've ever used Vaseline on my face.  I did know of a gal who liked to rub it on her teeth to keep her smiling during pagents.  I tried but couldn't stand it on my teeth smile.gif

I have tried many products on my face, expensive products and to my finding they are not as effective as Vaseline. I decided to try vas out because all my siblings that have good skin use vaseline, i thought i was more sophisticated and needed something fancy, so I tried lots of products. When my cousin told me she uses Vaseline I thought it would clog my pores and it would worsen my break outs, (which I get every time i use something different) Amazingly i have had zero break outs, my skin is so soft and moist. its winter in south africa now, and my skin has never looked better. Im sold! Plus its cheap..

I can't live without Vaseline, I've tried. I go through a tube of lip gloss a week if I don't have

any Vaseline. I've used it for about 25 years--I started as a teen because I was obsessed with

Marilyn Monroe. I use it mostly on my lips, but I will put it all over if I feel I need it. Using

Vaseline as lip gloss for 25 years makes me feel like anything healthy I do is probably

for nothing. icon_cheesygrin.gif But, you only live once, may as well have soft lips, eh?

Originally Posted by FooFooShnickens View Post

aside from her old-lady hairdo, you'd never be able to guess her age.

lol--Gotta love 'em rocking that Myrna Loy 'do for 75 years. 

TCM recently showed a Tarzan movie marathon, and all I could think was what awful hair Maureen O'Sullivan

had. Her hair looked 95 years old. Back then they wanted it all bunchybunchybunchy. wassatt.gif

Vaseline is very effective for dry skin... and also good for oily / combination skin but only in winters. I used vaseline on my face, lips and eyelashes every night.... its a very cheap and wonderful product for complete body ......

The Natural Beauty Store website has an all-natural Vaseline alternative called Beeseline, made from coconut oil, wildflower honey, and beeswax.  Not as cheap as good ol' petroleum jelly, but I have rosacea, and I know coconut oil is wonderful for that.  (Tried it once, but didn't use it long enough to see if it worked.)  There's a strawberry variety, a vegan variety, and it looks like they'll be coming out with vanilla and mint.  It's a Canadian site and shipping is usually expensive, but right now they have free shipping on orders of $25 and over - full-sized items only - through the 21st.  I've ordered a few of the large original on the sale, because I really want to use it for my face through the winter.  And hubby's a guitar player and his fingers split in the cold, so I figured one jar for upstairs for my face and one downstairs for hands or feet or stuff.

They have a new beauty box you can buy once a month for $20 that has a bunch of all-natural deluxe samples and small full-sized products.  They said in a video today they'll have a small Beeseline in the October box, which is up for orders now, but did not say what scent.  I know they've already done the regular and strawberry in previous boxes, so one of the others I guess!  (If anyone's interested, there's a thread on the sample box on the boards here.  The company posted an unboxing video of its September sample box this morning, and I linked to it in that thread.)

• Like 1

I lied!  Checked the video again.  They didn't say there will be one in the October Natural Beauty Box - the Beeseline will be in October's Green Grab Bag.  (Which doesn't mean there won't be one in October's NBB, just that they didn't say anything about it one way or another.  I don't know if they'd consider a different variety a repeat item or not.)

Vaseline was the only thing that kept diaper rashes away when my son was a baby. Now my baby is 18! I don't think I could use it on my face though, but I do use Argan oil in my eye area and around my lips and olive oil on my hands. Sometimes, well usually, natural and simple works best.

I use vaseline every night for my lips. When I feel like my feet is super dry in the winter, I also put on a thin layer and pull socks over it and go to sleep. The next morning I wake up with soft feet!

I wouldn't use it for my face... I would use it for my lips...as a gloss. I saw an episode of Tyra Banks talk show. On the show they applied vaseline to the lips and then scrubbed the lips with a tooth brush. It helps to moisturize the lips. 

I use it on my feet and the vaseline really soften them up :) but I'm too afraid to use it on the face, it might make me breakout.

I think Vaseline is one of the best things ever invented.  I use it every single night under my eyes, on my eyelids and on my eyelashes and I do not have one eye wrinkle because of it.