Does eye makeup ever all come off with makeup remover?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Question: Is it me or the eye makeup remover I use?

I can never seem to get all my eye makeup off even though it looks like it is all off. When I wash my face, afterwards, there it is BAM! black residue all over my towel when I dry my face.

Any recommendations for a eye makeup remover that does the job would be appreciated.

P.S. This happens even when I use non-waterproof mascara.

the search button does wonders to answer questions like these
wink.gif

Checking the review center wouldn't hurt either
smile.gif
There should be good reviews there on makeup remover as well

I did do a search but didn't find all the threads Marisol pulled up, thanks I'll check these out and practice my searching skills.

I also checked the reviews but didn't find anything new to try. I know it sounds like a no brainer of a question but I've tried so many products just wondering if I have to accept that the black will forever be on my towels.

Originally Posted by SiAnn /img/forum/go_quote.gif I did do a search but didn't find all the threads Marisol pulled up, thanks I'll check these out and practice my searching skills.
I also checked the reviews but didn't find anything new to try. I know it sounds like a no brainer of a question but I've tried so many products just wondering if I have to accept that the black will forever be on my towels.

I prefer the Neutrogena Oil Free Make Up Remover. Takes off all of my gel liners and mascara and does not irritate.

Now I use some stuff...Almay pads, hella greasy but gets the job done. It can take anything off, so you can try those
smile.gif

Rarely, I wash my face and then use remover before I sleep and yet most mornings I have tiny black smudges.

Good old ponds cold cream will take anything and everything off the eyes and I even buy the cheap generic stuff. It also leaves that area really soft.

I use an Evian eye make up remover. It's also greasy, but works really well!!!

I always wipe my makeup off with just plain old baby wipes!! My favourite are Pampers for sensitive skin (always wanna get ones that are unscented, but avoid Huggies... they burn). They always get off all my makeup, and then I wash my face with cleanser.

i have Maybelline Expert Eyes and it seems to sting a little. My eyes feel raw after wiping with a tissue or cotton puff. Is there something gentler?

I may try KellyB's tip

I never seem to be able to get all the mascara off lol. The black smudges it leaves on the towels are my mom's nightmare haha.

Baby wipes? That's interesting...I might have to try that....I find removers often leave the skin feeling greasy.

Originally Posted by breathofreshair /img/forum/go_quote.gif Baby wipes? That's interesting...I might have to try that....I find removers often leave the skin feeling greasy. Definitely give it a shot.
smile.gif
I love em. Just make sure it's unscented, for sensitive skin, all that good stuff. And avoid Huggies!! Even their gentlest one stings my eyes. Pampers and Johnson's are good, same with Life brand from Shopper's Drug Mart.

This got me curious... Do you guys use remover to remove your eye makeup before you wash your face or after? Does it make any difference?

I use it before I cleanse my face just to get rid of any residue of remover around my eyes but I'm getting the impression that some do it the other way around...

Clinique does a great job! I really like Philosophy Purity Made Simple to take my makeup off though, it's a face cleanser but it gets ALL my eye makeup off.. EVERY time. It's really gentle too. I can even open my eyes while using it... not that I usually do lol!

Latest posts

Back