Teeth whitening

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I want to get my teeth whiter but just whitening tooth paste isn't helping. Has anyone tried something that really whitens teeth besides the strips and that is safe for teeth and kinda cheap? Is there any toothpaste that is good?

I tried Colgate® Simply White® Night a couple of times before... It worked for me... My teeth were noticeably white afterwards but then I had to stay away from coffee.. It really stains your teeth but not much though...
smile.gif

In my experience, I don't feel that whitening toothpastes work on their own. I like Rembrandt's whitening kit with the trays, to me they work a lot better than the strips.

Bleach trays work pretty well. If you really want to brighten them though, you should save up to have them bleached. That might be too pricey though.

I got the equate brand whitening strips from wal-mart for only 15 bucks. They worked just as good as go-smile did for me
wink.gif

Cheap and just as effective--dip your toothbrush in baking soda, then pour a little hydrogen peroxide (bottle for like, $2 at walmart) on it, and brush. Afterwards rinse your mouth with water and brush normally.

Do this once a day and you'll get the same results as whitening toothpaste or whateves. Seriously.

Originally Posted by daisy85 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I got the equate brand whitening strips from wal-mart for only 15 bucks. They worked just as good as go-smile did for me
wink.gif
Thanks! That sounds awesome I should go get some. I smoke and occaionaly drink coffee, so Im trying to save my teeth before they turn totally gross.
Ive seen whitening mouthwash now too, lol I want to try it.

Prettypants08, does this really work? Wouldnt putting straight hydrogen peroxide on your teeth taste bad or bother them or anything? I dont know. I know baking soda helps though, obviously. Hope to hear more from you people!

Awhile back I used Crest White Strips and they worked GREAT. However, to answer your question, to keep my pearly whites looking good I use Arm & Hammer Advance White (Brilliant Sparkle flavor! yum!). I really feel like this toothpaste has done a great job MAINTAINING the whiteness, but since I didn't try it before the White Strips I can't say for sure if they make them whiter. . . maybe it's worth a shot though?

I second the baking soda idea... I brush my teeth with it after brushing with regular tooth paste... it works wonders

Definitely try using arm & hammer toothpaste and some crest whitening strips.

A friend of mine swishes with peroxide...her teeth are WHITE WHITE...I haven't tried it yet though.

i don't like crest whitestrips because they burn when they're on my teeth and sometimes they turn my gums white (it looks very weird in public). some of my friends and my sister have had the same experience. personally, i've gotten the most dramatic effects with gosmile, it's convenient, quick & easy, and it gave me the most results.

hydrogen peroxide works really well you just have to be really careful about not getting it on your gums too much. I also heard that whitening toothpastes don't work very well unless you brush your teeth for more than 10 minutes.

I got some free bleach trays on my last trip to the dentist, since I referred another patient. You might want to talk to your dentist and see if they have anything like this going on that you can be a part of.

i dont think whitening toothpastes do the trick to actually whiten but they do help maintain whitness...

for me the key to geting whiter teeth is the rembrant whitening strips...

than to maintain it i use that whitening listerine (i know crest has one too but the taste made me nauseous) and rembrant whitening toothpaste

Originally Posted by dellgirl4 /img/forum/go_quote.gif hydrogen peroxide works really well you just have to be really careful about not getting it on your gums too much. I also heard that whitening toothpastes don't work very well unless you brush your teeth for more than 10 minutes. i had some friends who tried this, and ended up burning their gums and having to go to the dentist. some of them still have pain from this. be very careful!! some of my friends also create a popular baking soda mix (i'm can't remember the ingredients) and their teeth became so white it was see through! so just be careful with these homemade things.

Originally Posted by Orangeeyecrayon /img/forum/go_quote.gif i dont think whitening toothpastes do the trick to actually whiten but they do help maintain whitness... I agree, I've read somewhere where toothpaste does not stay in contact with your teeth long enough to actually whiten them.
I paid $300 for whitening trays and whitening. I still have the trays and hope to use Rembrandt product with them. The trays were custom fitted and they made room on each tooth by adjusting the cast so that there are little pockets for each tooth. The burning is when you get the whitening on your gums. It's always best to keep the whitening off your gums whether it is with the strips or with the syringe and tray thingys.

Tracy

Back