MUA Choice Facial Peels: Assistance.

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi there, ladies.

I'm interested in trying a few chemical peels at home, before a big event next month; however, I am clueless as to which would be best for my skin type.

I have confused, sensitive/combo. skin - clear and a tiny bit dry for two weeks, and an oily hormonal breakout for the other two. My main objective through peels is to get rid of some mild sub-surface acne, that is fading too slowly. I do use a vitamin-c scrub and micropolisher a few times a week, and washcloths, but the exfoliation does not appear to be enough.

I am allergic to milk, and salicylic acid, so those are automatically out. This leaves me with:

A) Glycolic acid

B) Pumpkin enzyme and 5% Glycolic.

C) TCA

D) Non-acid Enzyme Peel

Any thoughts or recommendations?

I haven't tried MUAC products although I've heard good things about the line. Just from how you describe your skin and the list of choices though, if I were you I'd go with the Non-acid Enzyme Peel. Especially if you have a big event coming up, I would not be experimenting with skin care that I could have a reaction to. I'd go with what sounds like it has the least chance of causing a problem. Just my suggestion!

I've recently started using MUAC's peels, and am very happy with them. Why don't you email or call their customer service and talk to someone there? They'd be the best to recommend a product appropriate for your skin type.

Back