Stretched Lobes

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Not sure where to put this, but....

So, whats everyones opinion on stretched lobes? I personally do not mind them at all, as long as they are not too big. Too big to me is when they look like they hurt, or like the earlobe skin is going to rip.

I am in the process of stretching my lobes. I currently have them at either a 12guage or 10guage (i don't know, the stretchers i purchased didnt have guages, i just went by my eye). I am hoping to eventually get them to probably a 4guage (5mm diameter), but I might go up to a 0guage (8mm) but that would be the very biggest I go to. Its hard to choose how big I am going to go, but I will judge it on how I like it.

I don't really like them. I just think about how when they are 30 something and trying to make a living, they won't be able to just work anywhere because they will have giant holes in their ears!! Even if they take the things out, that can't really grow back if it's anything bigger than like a 12.

To each their own. If they plan on being a tattoo artist, band memeber, etc. then that's cool.

i'm not a fan of them i just think what about when you get older wont they sag if you wnat to take them out if you go too big ?

i like them.

i wanted to get them done, but i like wearing regular earrings a lot so i never did it.

although i still want to.

Originally Posted by PerfectMistake /img/forum/go_quote.gif I don't really like them. I just think about how when they are 30 something and trying to make a living, they won't be able to just work anywhere because they will have giant holes in their ears!! Even if they take the things out, that can't really grow back if it's anything bigger than like a 12.
To each their own. If they plan on being a tattoo artist, band memeber, etc. then that's cool.

My best friend had his done, they were pretty dang huge, and he took them out a few months ago, and they're already back to normal.

I currently have mine at a 2 guage.

I still wear normal earrings as well. I wear tunnels not plugs so I wear hoops through the tunnels.

I also find that as long as you don't streck them too large, they will shrink back to normal size, often overnight.

if people want them thats fine except they may find it difficult at some point if their employer doesn't like it or whatever. Just may regret it thats all.

I personally don't mind them. Once dated a guy with gauges in his ear and I actually was thinking of getting it done awhile back, but most of my friends were like "nooo! that's so not you" lol so I went with their judgement. I do have my rook and 2 orbitals in my ear aside from my regular piercing, as well as my tongue ring. To each their own.

Depending on your job, some are ok with it...while other employers rather you not show your piercings at all. Just be sure what you do is something you want in the long run and not regret later on. I think gauges are ok in general as long as it's not too BIG.

as long as they arent like super duper huge, ive always like them.

i considered doing it, but then i realized i couldnt wear other earings if it was on the bottom hole on my lobe but yeah, i really like the look in general.

I personally can't stand them. I've seen some that look nice but i remember a coworker that had them and then they changed the codes at work. It was gross having to look at those huge earlobes hanging.

i started mine at a 0g (piercing them with a 4g needle then stretched them to 0g right away) and are currently at 1". my goal is 1 1/2", but i've found that when i make a stretching goal, it's never big enough. my goal for my septum was 4g, and it's not 9/16 >.<

i love them. i love the way they look, especially at the bigger sizes. a friend of mine has 2" lobes and i'm insanely jealous of how healthy and thick his are for being that size.

i can understand people not liking them. it's cool if it's not your thing. what i HATE, however, is when someone comes up to me and decides to tell me how disgusting it is and how i'm some kind of freak and 'what are you going to do when you're 80??'. it's so hard to be patient with people like that. it drives me INSANE. why do people have to be such jerks about it? like, if you're gonna be rude, keep it to yourself. it's not your face or your ears, so why do i need to hear your rude and nasty comments? it's not limited to strangers, either. my family (aunts, uncles, cousins, grandparents) are horrible to me about it. it's like, the people that are nasty about it think that their opinion is going to change MY mind about WHO I AM. UGH!

ok, sorry. ending my rant now >.< hah, i get way too worked up about this subject.

I don't like them either. I just think that something that permanent is bad news for later in life. Chances are that if you have those, you are usually hanging w/ certain people. You may or may not be hanging with them when you're like 40. Even though the statement of "never judge a book by it's cover" SHOULDN'T be true, but unfortunately, reality is that most people "judge books by their covers".

I think stretching one's lobes is definately a young person's activity.

To me it falls under the same category as facial piercings.

I remember seeing a young man that had stretched his lobes about 1/2 inch in diameter.

There is no way in heck that the holes will shrink.

If one person tells you that they find them offensive, you can guarantee that 10 more do as well, they just haven't told you.

they had something on one of those makeover shows. someone with a bunch of piercings and a huge stretched lobe had to have his ears surgically altered to make them look normal again. and it was expensive! the only reason he could afford to have it was the show paid for his. Majorly expensive plastic surgery. Put these in the same category as facial tatoos. Unless you plan on making your living off your bizarre looks not a good idea!

i'm in the process of stretching my ears out now! i just put in tapers for 14g. it didn't really hurt at all, kinda stung a bit but i'm not sure if it's for me =/

Latest posts

Back