Birth control

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I got started on Yaz BC about a month ago, and I was hoping that it would help clear up my skin. So far, I have not noticed any changes in my complexion. How long does it typically take for skin to clear up when on birthcontrol??

I have been on Levora for almost two months so far and have noticed that I don't get big pimples on my chin anymore. I used to get them once in a while, they were annoying and took a while to go away. I have only had one in the last 3 weeks and it went away really fast.

I would say it varies for each person but if after a few months you don't notice a difference then it probably is not going to help at all unfortunately. I don't know what other pills you have been on but if this one doesn't work and that is one of the reasons you are taking it, I would suggest asking your doc if you can try something else.

It's been a long long time since I took birth control pills, but with any meds other than antibiotics they say at least a couple months.

OK, thanks for the info y'all. I guess I'll have to wait a little longer for results.

I never had a problem with acne, but I'd suggest you should go to a dermatologist if it's really bad instead of waiting until (or if) the pill works

I went on ortho for my skin.. after 6 months, realize it was making it worse, went off of it and onto yaz... been on it for 3 months now.. nothing was getting better and i was getting discoraged until the 3rd month... and now im free from break outs thank god!

i dont think the birthcontrol made a difference in my face.

now getting a regular skincare regimine did.

i've been on BC for years and it hasn't helped my skin.. at all. but it works miracles for others! lucky girls!

I was on Yaz for 5 months...had no change in complextion
frown.gif

I didn't need it for birth control...so I decided I should stop paying $40 a month for it!

Back