Hip

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm farily new to doing make up for print so I have tons of questions... I was thinking that using a pigment over a base is a good idea. Firstly I want to know what you think of Loreals high intensity pigments??? I tried two today and was fairly dissapointed. then I added some water and was Ok with the results. I want vibrant crazy colors that you can see from miles away! (ok so I'm exxagerating) Is it just Loreal or did I do something wrong? Thanks for the help!

They're okay. I really enjoy the ones that I have- tenacious, which is a coppery tan, intrepid- a brown that reflects blue, and restless- a very light yellow that reflects gold and pink. I wouldn't say that you can see the colors from a mile away, but they have fairly good pigmentation. The reason I won't buy them anymore is because they're pretty expensive for the size. I prefer NYX pigments or MAC. They have lots of bright colors. Or you may want to look at MAD minerals raindbow pearls pigments. I have ALL of them and they're insanely bright, and cheap too!

Rainbow Pearls

Hi,

Try using Makeup Forever's eyeshadows or MAC's pigments. I've heard mixed reviews regarding L'Oreal's pigments.

I used their HiP pigments, as well, and noticed that if I added water the colors were brighter and bolder. I too was disappointed with the product.

I've never had a problem with L'Oreal HIP's pigments showing up. But if they don't work for you, I'd definitely go with MAC or MUFE!
smile.gif

Originally Posted by StereoXGirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif I've never had a problem with L'Oreal HIP's pigments showing up. Yeah, Me neither..

I don't know why but mine won't show up much either!! They're more crumbly too than I'd like

Originally Posted by Maysie /img/forum/go_quote.gif They're okay. I really enjoy the ones that I have- tenacious, which is a coppery tan, intrepid- a brown that reflects blue, and restless- a very light yellow that reflects gold and pink. I wouldn't say that you can see the colors from a mile away, but they have fairly good pigmentation. The reason I won't buy them anymore is because they're pretty expensive for the size. I prefer NYX pigments or MAC. They have lots of bright colors. Or you may want to look at MAD minerals raindbow pearls pigments. I have ALL of them and they're insanely bright, and cheap too! Rainbow Pearls

thanks a lot now I want the MAD rainbow pearls!

HIP eye shadows seem to show up more than I want most of the time... lol

Back