Mixing two shades of foundation

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I haven't been able to find a really good shade that matches my skin until I decided to try mixing two shades. I had two little sample pots and I mixed them (50/50) and it is a great match for my skin.

If I order the two shades in full size, how would I go about mixing them to use? The full size pots aren't big enough to tip a whole other pot into, so what could I use to keep the two shades mixed in together?

I would buy a separate container for the mixture. Maybe you can find one at a craft store or something?

I have done this with 2 different shades of Cory MMU foundation. I bought each one in a full size jars. I dumped them both out in a little bowl. I stirred them up until completely mixed. I transfered the mixture back into the original jars. After I was done, I had 2 full sized jars with the right shade.

I always do this aswell I have bought jars and I just make sure they are mixed really really well.

Some companies will do a custom blend for you upon request. You would need to tell the percentages; 50/50 or 60/40, etc.

Everyday Minerals sell a deep jar that holds two fullsize foundations purposely to help people mixing. It's about $2 if I remember correctly and the girls who use it say it's great!

You can mix it and put into another jar or shake a bit of each in a glass bowl each time and mix up with your brush. If your skin changes with the seasons it might be better to not mix the whole thing up and just do what I do and mix each time.

Originally Posted by squirl-nutkin /img/forum/go_quote.gif You can mix it and put into another jar or shake a bit of each in a glass bowl each time and mix up with your brush. If your skin changes with the seasons it might be better to not mix the whole thing up and just do what I do and mix each time. I agree with squirl-nutkin.
smile.gif

I might try mixing them in a bigger bowl then putting them back into the pots so I have 2, but that sounds a bit fiddly so maybe I'll have a look for a bigger container first. I'm not sure what kind of container I'd be looking for but maybe I'd know if I saw it lol

When(if) the summer comes I go a little bit browner, but that's a long way off so I think I'm ok mixing the whole lot for now.

Thanks for the input.

I used to do this - I would just use one of the lids. Just put a little of one and a little of the other. How ever much you need. Then just swirl, tap, buff!

I didn't actually mix them together, I would mix them each day.

Right now, I'm having the same issue. I have to mix my lumiere light medium golden and my lumiere medium golden to get a good shade. I only have sample sized products but I use a plastic measuring scoop (mine came with my Silk Naturals kit) and put one scoop of each in an empty sample sized jar. Then I just shake it all around till it's mixed together. I agree with squirl-nutkin about not mixing all of the two shades at once, just in case you get a tan or something. So I would suggest purchasing an empty 30 gram jar and using a measuring scoop, like a 1/2 teaspoon size, to measuring out 1 part of each and then screw on the lid and shake.

Back