Out in the cold

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was looking at a video on youtube and it covered the mac lip erase.

I heard it was good so I went to check it out but the colors were so limited they didn't have any shades for african american women.

What other products can be used and be just as good as the mac lip erase that can be used by african american women too?

I've heard other people say that Lip Erase is basically a hybrid of concealer and lip balm - so it's more emollient than a reg. concealer. You might try finding a cream concealer that matches your skintone. Then apply a waxy and emollient lip balm (chapstick type consistency, I think), then pat the concealer over the lip. Blot, apply concealer again. Powder the edges lightly to set.

Might be worth a good try!

-b.

Originally Posted by bmichlig /img/forum/go_quote.gif I've heard other people say that Lip Erase is basically a hybrid of concealer and lip balm - so it's more emollient than a reg. concealer. You might try finding a cream concealer that matches your skintone. Then apply a waxy and emollient lip balm (chapstick type consistency, I think), then pat the concealer over the lip. Blot, apply concealer again. Powder the edges lightly to set.-b.

What a great answer. That's a great idea to try. There are whole companies who do not cater to AA women. I am always mixing and formulating stuff to adjust to my shade. It works..

Originally Posted by bmichlig /img/forum/go_quote.gif I've heard other people say that Lip Erase is basically a hybrid of concealer and lip balm - so it's more emollient than a reg. concealer. You might try finding a cream concealer that matches your skintone. Then apply a waxy and emollient lip balm (chapstick type consistency, I think), then pat the concealer over the lip. Blot, apply concealer again. Powder the edges lightly to set.
Might be worth a good try!

-b.

That's a great tip!

Sephora's girl, I don't personally use anything to prime my lips before using a lip color.

But one time, when we were getting ready for a night out, a very good friend of mine used L'Oreal HIP foundation with a Q-Tip on her lips (it looked to be like a yellowish-caramel color... she is very chocolate brown, so definitely too light to use on the rest of her face). She put some nudish colored lip gloss on, and she looked great. It did not look weird or ashy at all. Even when we were drinking, it didn't appear to smudge or come off all night, so I guess it works well for her.

Originally Posted by Nox /img/forum/go_quote.gif Sephora's girl, I don't personally use anything to prime my lips before using a lip color.
But one time, when we were getting ready for a night out, a very good friend of mine used L'Oreal HIP foundation with a Q-Tip on her lips (it looked to be like a yellowish-caramel color... she is very chocolate brown, so definitely too light to use on the rest of her face). She put some nudish colored lip gloss on, and she looked great. It did not look weird or ashy at all. Even when we were drinking, it didn't appear to smudge or come off all night, so I guess it works well for her.

Way back in my dancing days, a few of us would use foundation on our lips before applying a light weight color (not necessarily a light color as in pink, but more like a gloss or a sheer) so it could last through sweating and smiling and stage lights.

I have used liquid foundation on my lips prior to applying lipstick and it not only neutralizes my natural lip color but it really helped the lip color stay on longer.
smile.gif

Back