Very annoying problem

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Okay...

I apply my lipstick and whatever to my lips and when I open my mouth there is on the inside of my lips no lipstick.

I think the lipstick doesn't stick because of the saliva.

How can I get lipstick to cover my entire mouth?

scared.gif

44_redlips_lipstick.jpg

Hmm - do you mean the part where your top and bottom lip touch? Or actually inside the lower lip?

If you mean inside the lower lip, not much will help, really, since that area is both moist and mobile, plus subject to friction from your teeth.

If you mean the place where upper and lower lips touch, color will cling there longer is you first use lip pencil to fill in your whole lip, then blot, then apply liptick, then blot. If you like shine, appy it only to the outer portion ofyour pout - not outside your lip line, just not on the center where your lips me. It will travel and look smooth, but won't just disappear or get pulled to the inside where your lips meet. Keeping that inner portion matte in texture will keep your lips from sticking together, which removes your lip color.

Oh - if you like color, a lip stain will help too. I like the ones from The Balm because they have a little doe foot applicator.

I did the lip pencil but it still doesn't reach...

This is depressing!

This a pic that demonstrates what I mean....

She has lipstick all over her lip,

I need a way I can do that.

christina_lipstick_GI.jpg

Maybe I am mentally touched, but I have no idea what you are talking about! Hope you find a solution though!

If the area is wet with saliva, then nothing is really going to make the lipstick stick there.

You can try drying it off a bit and applying the lipstick to the area, but there's no guarantee that it'll stay on there for a long time.

bmichlig's advice was great as well. You can try and experiment, but aside from longwear lipstick/lipstain, there may not be much you can do in your situation.

Lip pencil works well. Another option would be to try a lip primer or putting concealer over your lips before you try putting on the lipstick.

Originally Posted by luxotika /img/forum/go_quote.gif Maybe I am mentally touched, but I have no idea what you are talking about! Hope you find a solution though! Actually luxotika your avatar perfect illustrates what I am talking about.

See the lips in the pic are covered in lip color.

If I were to apply the lipcolor it would cover my bottom lip only halfway.

Leaving my natural lip still showing and thats my problem.

Thanx for the tips.

I am grateful always.

worship.gif

Apply a liner to ur whole mouth first and then apply lipstick all over, blot and re-apply!

Lip primer or lipstainer/long lasting lipstick would help.

I get what part you're talking about and it's just like Shaundra said, saliva has part to do with that because it happens to me. And when I pucker, you can see where the color is wearing off and I don't think there is much you can do but wear primers or stainer - and also just reapplying your lip product. Obviously, it's not going to last all day on anyone without reapplying periodically. HTH.

i dont have this problem, but i think i know what u r talking about. you can try putting a long lasting foundation such as the Revlon Colorstay on before putting on your lipstick. The Colorstay mattifies the lips, so ur lipstick should be able to "stick" to ur lips better
wink.gif

^ Not necessarily. A good primer does not interfere with the texture quality of your lip color.

I have not really noticed this problem with myself, but then again, I use alot of lipstains, so there isn't a "rub off" effect. I think some of the other ladies have hit you with some good suggestions.

No advice to offer, but is your avatar the originally released concept art for "The Frog Princess", the one that came out before the current art of her standing on a balcony? It looks familiar to me.

Back