Whats good for you?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
got another question, I have seen all the things im not aloud to eat, which has really put a pinch on my eating habits, Know of any good things to eat for dinner or lunch while being pregnant
smile.gif

thanks again and sorry if this in the wrong place
smile.gif

I'd suggest you to seek orientation from a doc - but really, it's a matter of eating healthy, but you might need suplementation as well.

Ive come to notice, thrue all the stupid diets I've been on, that NOTHING is good founr you!!!! LOL maybe organic veggies, but thats it! Sorry for not being helpful, im just soo bitter about the food thing! I look at food and i gain 10 lbs!

When I was pregnant with Connor I ate a lot of steak and spinach because my iron was really low. I also took a slow release iron supplement.

This pregnancy I HATE chicken, which was one of my favorite foods, so I'm kinda at a loss as to what to eat.

I've been eating a lot of salad, soups, (watch your salt though... that's a huge deal, your feet can swell towards the end, and that can lead to all kinds of problems...) I know your not really supposed to eat lunch meats, but I will eat turkey sandwiches on white bread with lots of leafy greens. Great for folic acid which is very important in brain development early on for the baby. Orange juice is great too... that's one thing I craved this pregnancy.

Try to eat healthy but I'm sure there will be a lot of un-healthy things you crave during pregnancy. You can eat those too, but definitely in moderation.

Oh, and watch your caffeine, because they are saying it could be linked to miscarraige. Drink lots of water.
smile.gif

Best wishes!

I would say that you should go with what your body is craving because if you listen to your needs, you will be getting the nutrients that you need. I also have had anemia since I got pregnant (2 yrs later still get tired if I don't take my iron pills). Prenatal vitamins are good, too, if you are still concerned. I have known women who aren't pregnant take the prenatal vitamins for longer/stronger hair and nails.

thanks for the info, I just needed some ideas of what to eat like pb and j was one my friend suggested and bagels in the morning something i wouldn't ever think of ya know
smile.gif

Most of the things you're told to stay away from while pregnant are perfectly fine. A moderate amount of fish (as long as it's not the high mercury fish) is actually recommended. There's also this silly rule about cheese, but the thing is that they're talking about raw cheeses that haven't been pasteurized. In America, cheeses HAVE to be pasteurized, so one little look at the ingredients list will ease your fears.

The main thing I stayed away from when I was pregnant was deli meat (although I ate alot of this with my first pregnancy because I didn't know it was a "no-no" food) and too much coffee. Even with coffee though, they say no more than 3 cups a day. That's way more then what I drink when I'm NOT pregnant!

Originally Posted by MissMissy /img/forum/go_quote.gif thanks for the info, I just needed some ideas of what to eat like pb and j was one my friend suggested and bagels in the morning something i wouldn't ever think of ya know
smile.gif
Before you indulge in the PB and J, ask your parents to see if there's a history of a peanut allergy in your family. Eating PB while pregnant with such a family history can lead to a peanut allergy in your child. And that doesn't mean some distant cousin, just ask if there's anyone in the immediate family that's allergic to peanuts, and if not, you're good to go!

I basically ate everything during my pregnancy thats why Im fatter and pregnant.hahah

My cravings are potatoes...baked potatoes..french fries... patatoes with tomatoes. Ill eat it if its made of potatoes.haha

Then when i wanted sweet..Peanut butter. Birng it on. PB and J. Hershey and PB. or just plain peanut butter.

haha.

But My doctor said it healthy and veggies..lean meat..no sugar..well stay away from sweets. Drink Milk..eat fruits. Lots of water so you and your baby dont get dehydrated.

Before I got pregnant with my son, I NEVER liked sweets. Then I got pregnant, and BAM! I had a sweet tooth like mad, and that's why I gained 80 pounds! Even to this day, the sweet tooth has stuck like glue.

With my daughter, I ate pretty well most of the time, although I did indulge in my cravings when they came. (And I only gained 24 with her.)

Latest posts

Back