Blackhairmedia.com

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Can someone tell me what the Hell is goin on over there? Im directing this at people who are recent members. It seems like the whole site is just going down the drain!

I was a member there years ago and couldn't deal with the "hood" mentality they had back then so I left.

They had the whole BHM/LHCF thing that happened back then and then BHM shut down for a while and revamped the site and supposedly they eased up on the nastiness and was maybe better moderated or something according to what folks who were on both LHCF and BHM had said (I was on LHCF for 4 years).

BUT they are who they are and it wouldn't surprise me if things fell back to the old mentality.
scared.gif

Oh my goodness! I have not been their in a long time, because of how ridiculous some of those arguments that they had over there. I thought it went down the drain a long time ago...

But uh...I dunno
11dh.gif

I've been led there by Google a few times in the past couple of years. I have found some good tidbits of info, but I must say the mentality and narrow minded views of some of the posters there are unsavory to me...so I don't frequent. Honestly, most of the hair forums I've been to have been pretty obnoxious...either shallow or pretentious. I can't completely knock them because I've learned about some great things, but the community vibe just isn't there for me!

Plus, I hate when forums get clique-y!!!!
madno.gif

I just looked there, and uhm, If i was the moderator there I would just have to die, I couldnt take it, I was looking for an edit button. They have decent info, but, I cant do it
smile.gif

Originally Posted by alicia8406 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I've been led there by Google a few times in the past couple of years. I have found some good tidbits of info, but I must say the mentality and narrow minded views of some of the posters there are unsavory to me...so I don't frequent. Honestly, most of the hair forums I've been to have been pretty obnoxious...either shallow or pretentious. I can't completely knock them because I've learned about some great things, but the community vibe just isn't there for me! Plus, I hate when forums get clique-y!!!!
madno.gif

Im a member over there and i have to agrree with you, its a bit clique-y and e-gangta. I try not to start or get in the heated convos, but since Im not so called popular over there, they come at me like gangters. I can start a topic over there and get jumped on, but let someone who is known start the same topic, then its all humerous. I think Im leaving there. Its ridiculous. I may lurk from time to time, but I must admit that site can get crazy.

I didn't see much going on...

EVERY forum has a clique. Even male ones... just gotta avoid them e-hags.

Its in the TalkTalkTalk section and Keep it real section Celly. But you dont have to look lol. I do agree you have to avoid them though.

I went into the "Keep it Real" one - it was blah. If they're going to talk shit, at least make it funny and not kiss ass at the same time. But that's just me... haha.

Originally Posted by CellyCell /img/forum/go_quote.gif I went into the "Keep it Real" one - it was blah. If they're going to talk shit, at least make it funny and not kiss ass at the same time. But that's just me... haha. Wasnt it though! I snored!! There is more drama in the weave section there!!
add_wegbrech.gif

BHM is known for it's hood-ness, LHCF is know for it's siddity-ness. Some things never change. That thread where the chick asked why it was wrong to call fat people fat had me laughing so hard tears were falling! Say whatcha wanna, but BHM is very entertaining. LOL

Psssst, insensitive! It's Aseya...shhhhh hehehe
smile.gif

I don't know what's going on with that forum. It's just gotten kinda ridiculous but then, HOPEFULLY that's why they've closed it for a while. Hopefully, but I doubt it. They closed the site down last year or so for a few weeks if I remember correctly.

I think that on every forum there are good and bad people. And people who you geniunely need to ignore. That's what I didn't get. I didn't get why people are banned for using swearing (but not at people) but then others who are just plain miserable to everyone are OK. Or why certain Mods express opinions and have their 'modship' taken away, but others are free to mock and curse at others.

There are a few posters I miss, and I do miss my little gossip sessions. And I was JUST getting into the skin, fashion and makeup forums!!!GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR. And I was really excited to make a post about my new clip in extensionssss *sob*

Hehehe. Just another one of my long posts. Bet ya don't miss those, huh??
smile.gif

Originally Posted by yourleoqueen /img/forum/go_quote.gif BHM is known for it's hood-ness, LHCF is know for it's siddity-ness. Some things never change. That thread where the chick asked why it was wrong to call fat people fat had me laughing so hard tears were falling! Say whatcha wanna, but BHM is very entertaining. LOL LHCF is also known for being judgmental, admin butt kissing and the "it's my ball and you can't play with it" attitude.
tocktock.gif

Horsssieeeeee!!!!

laughing.gif

I would like to know what going on too cause they are taking a long time and there is info I need to find out.

Originally Posted by Jinx /img/forum/go_quote.gif LHCF is also known for being judgmental, admin butt kissing and the "it's my ball and you can't play with it" attitude.
tocktock.gif

Horsssieeeeee!!!!

laughing.gif

Word! The Lonely Hypocritical Christians Forum was a trip sometimes.
rotfl.gif

Originally Posted by yourleoqueen /img/forum/go_quote.gif Word! The Lonely Hypocritical Christians Forum was a trip sometimes.
rotfl.gif
For shizzle...

I'm on BHM too. It's all entertainment for me. I don't take anything to heart. Hi Insensitive and ViolentFemme (Aseya)!

Originally Posted by candaysee /img/forum/go_quote.gif I'm on BHM too. It's all entertainment for me. I don't take anything to heart. Hi Insensitive and ViolentFemme (Aseya)! Me too i do think it is all entertainment i sit back and laugh.

hey hey .didnt know so many members of bhm logged on makeuptalk. i think you will just need to not let internet rule your life.if its too bad or not your style, its not your place to hang.

bhm has its ups and down and we shouldnt take it seriously.

Back