Potty training!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Yep, we're working on it. Alana will be 3 in June, so I guess it's about time. For the last few months, she has been (very) randomly going to the potty. But, this week, I've decided to take matters into my own hands and actually start training. Eric said yesterday she peed about 80 times, so she seems to be getting the hang of it. I think she understands the pee pee in the potty thing, it's the stinky in the potty that she isn't really grasping. Oh well, thus far it's going much better than I expected so I'm not complaining.

My 14 month old daughter is expressing interest in the potty. She asks to go! So, I strip her down and let her sit on the Dora potty thingy. She hasn't done anything YET but this morning I "swore" she was going to go poo-poo because of the grunting!! When I go to the restroom, she will back her booty up to me for me to hold her while I am going. So, I do and I will talk to her about what is happening. She's then content and ready to go off on her merry way. Ha.

Good luck to both of us. I hate potty training...lol!

Warmly,

Brandi

OMG, my daughter used to do the same thing! For the longest time any time I went to the bathroom she had to either sit with me or on her potty. The grunting is soooooo funny. It trips me out whenever Alana does it. Thanks for the luck, I'm sure I'll be needing it. Maybe for you it'll be easier since she has 2 older sisters.

I'm going through the same thing but I'm having a harder time because I have a son!! He's going to be 3 in August. Well it's not that bad but I think it was so funny because the first time he did number 2 in his potty, he was getting over being sick and was so loud he scared himself!! lol I had to try and tell him that he was only scaring himself!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! He scared himself? That's one of the funniest things I have ever heard.

If anybody is pulling up the same ads on this page as I am, the dora potty seat on the bottom of the page is the one that Alana has.

Ha! That's what Elli had (my now 4 year old) and it's what Olivia (14 month old) uses too! I prefer those potty seat thingies that make the hole smaller because I don't have to wash the poopy out of the "regular" potty seats... ha!

Is your daughter as obsessed with Dora as my youngest two are????

Warmly,

Brandi

Ewww, I know exactly what you mean. I remember how gross I thought it was when my mom would clean mine out.

I don't know why she is so obsessed with dora, I dont even know if she's seen any episodes. Her absolute favorite is Spiderman. She loves him soooo much.

My daughter has started to go on her own! She does pee and p00p in her potty though, she's got a singing one that someone gave me, and even though she doesnt care for the music she likes it, she has two, one that doesnt do anything and the singing one, it is quite cool lol oh and it makes a flushing sound too, and it detects when they p00p and it says "way to go!" hahaha

Good luck potty training Alana! it wont be as hard as you though it was, i bet ya
biggrin.gif

My son was 3 1/2 before he potty trained. While he was probably ready a little earlier, I had to wait a little bit until we moved out of my parent's house and into our own before we could handle mistakes. Once we moved in, I made him quit diapers cold turkey, and he's been potty trained ever since. Graduating to the big potty and standing to pee happened over time, but now he's a pro (he turns 4 this April).

I imagine my daughter will probably train sooner, as "they" say girls are easier to train than boys, and the fact that she's got an older sibling that's mastered the art will sure help as well.

Latest posts

Back