Missed Period

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So, I was suppose to get my period on the 17th of Feb and I didnt. Usually its not dead on, some days before, some days after...blah blah....anyways, its March 3rd and nothing. I dont feel sick or anything andI have already taken 2 preg. tests. One last week the other this weekend and they were negative. Can it be just stress? I've read that women usually miss 1 to 2 periods a year and last year I did miss 2 periods, one this month and another in Novemeber. So can It be the same thing? Last year I got my period on the 17th of Jan and didnt get it until March 17th. This year the same, 17th of Jan and still nothing. I also heard that if its blue down their then your pregnant, but I looked and it looks normal to me. Should I be worried???????

I forgot to add that I read in a magazine that sometimes pregnancy tests can be wrong, like it says negative but it really is positive. What are the chances of that happening?

Hey I just wanted to say that sometimes I'll skip a period too, and I've never been pregnant. It could totally be stress related. Still you might want to set up an appointment with the gyno if you're worried about being more regular....

Pregnancy tests can be wrong but hrmm.

And, regarding the "blue down there"-- it's your cervix that turns a bluish color and that isn't until a little further in a pregnancy. You couldn't see the blue but if you were far enough along, your ob/gyn could.

Ask for a blood test and that is definitive. It would put your mind at ease
smile.gif

Warmly,

Brandi

I agree with Beaglette and Maysie, talk to your Obgyn. I don't think it's anything to worry about though. Good luck!

Thanks
smile.gif
I will def do the blood test and thanks for the asurance on the skipped periods. I was scared, im thinking its nothing, but yeah im going to double check!

I also used First response and I just read right now on a governmental agency that it consistently "predicted" pregnancy right, specially on the day of the missed period. So hopefully im good.

I will say that I am not the norm, I had 8 negative test, 5 at home and 3 at the dr's office, they finally gave me a blood test and I found out that I was 3 months along..lol

But yes it is very normal to miss a period every once in awhile and stress can play a big role.

If it is still worrisome talk to your dr.

i am currently missing a period too! mine always comes at the first of the month, and well it's march 6 & no period yet.
frown.gif
i miss mine every couple of mths, i don't take birth control either..so it kinda makes me worry sometimes. but then again, i obviously have abnormal periods.

*get the blood test to be sure tho, if you're really that concerned.

yeah im going to take a blood test.....so far everything seems good though. I mean, I am very irregular.

I just had my period after being on hiatus since BEFORE Christmas!!! seriously! all related to stress- stressful job, to stressful layoff to stressful unemployment... and after my first check from the new job, what do ya know... my period FINALLY came back.

It is normal to miss one or two periods a year. I'm sure you are OK. Stress also has a huge effect.

I agree with everyone. It's normal to miss a period. Could be a lot of things: stress, medication, weight loss, etc.

Update! Okay so basically I missed my period yet a 2nd month and well, it wasent cool to get the stomach flu about a week before I was expecting my period, so when I missed it I was freaking out because I thought my stomach flu symptoms were pregnancy symptoms. Nausea, throwing up, throwing up in the morning! Either way I went to the doc again, she said the 1st time to wait a month to see what happend. So when I went back she got a little scared too because she said that all the tests were negative so to be sure, we were going to do a blood test and also, I could just be sick of something else. So she said that she WASENT going to call me if the test was negative, only in emergency could she call me. So their I am on friday waiting for her NOT TO CALL, well what does she do? She CALLED! I was so scared and she sounded real serious
rotfl.gif
Eithe way she said I was 100% not! So I still came in to get some meds to make me feel and I finally got my period today. So now, here I am surfing the net sitting in a pool of blood and cramps
sleepyhead.gif

Oh you poor thing! Your nerves would be shot! Atleast you know now, just think, all the ickiness will be over in a week! Grab a heat pack, some chocolate and a blankey, and curl up!

Back