So, what did you think of Fafi?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Fafi has been out for a while in the US now and just came to Sweden. What did you all think of it? I went and had a look yesterday and I have to tell you I wasn't entierly transported. I got the light pink nail polish, and I wanted to look at Perky paint pot but MAC hadn't sent it to Sweden (this happens all the time with LE collections, we don't get all the products in the shops... no idea why).

Fafi eyes #2 looked sort of nice but I am undecided. Those of you who got this quad, would you say it's worth it?

PS. Sorry if this is covered in another thread, I did a search but I couldn't find one.

mm, it came out yesterday in Oz too.. I wasn't particularly impressed, I much preferred mac barbie, LOL. I guess it's just taste, it just didn't 'call' to me, but there wasn't anything really wrong with it..

I haven't seen it IRL yet, but from what I've seen online there's nothing that I really want, which is good for my credit card.

I haven't seen it around here... But then again were kind of backwoodsish.... Disco is still popular!! Lol. I'll have to take a closer look when I go to the mall today!

I think its ok.. nothing I couldn't live without... I bought the cult fav l/g and i really like it and the nice vice paint pot and the brush for fluid line.. i LOVE that brush!

Well, I didn't buy anything from Fafi, so I guess that means nothing really "called to me", but then again I have a LOT of makeup already and need to cut down on buying, so I guess that's good.

Also, I think I read that the lipsticks (most of them) were "glaze" formula, and that's the one that wears off the quickest, and I hate re-applying my lipstick, so I probably would have gotten one if they were not glaze.

Oh, and the pink blush was very pretty in person, but I have 2 MAC blushes that look so similar to it, but if I didn't I would have scooped that up!

Jenny

I have yet to purchase this, but I really like the FOTDs and tutorials that I saw with the Fafi quads.

I bought Fafi Quad 1 and two of the lipsticks. I like them, but the whole collection seems pretty sheer with the pigmentation. Plus, the designs are stickers...so that turned a lot of people off.

Barbie was definitely a lot better. I'm looking forward to the Heatherette collection, though!
smile.gif

I really liked the lip products and the paint pots, but neither of the quads nor the iridescent powders did anything for me (contrary to what I had imagined).

I bought a few lipsticks but ended up selling them on MUT. Didn't keep anything. Looking forward to Heaherette too- I love pink!

I thought the lipsticks were so glittery. The only two things I liked were Hipness Blush and Cash Flow PP.

It only came out here today and I don't live anywhere near a MAC. The only things I'm tempted by are a few of the paint posts.

I don't think I'm going to bother buying those. If they're still around in a month when I'm next at a counter then I might have a look.

I decided to get Fafi eyes #2 off e-bay - even with shipping costs it was cheaper than buying it in the store here. Hopefully I'll like it.

I am also looking forward to Heatherette!

I could live without most of it... but I bought a lot on impulse. I'll probably be posting those for sale on here.
smile.gif

Things I liked: Utterly Frivolous l/s, Cult Fave l/g, Nice Vice and Cash Flow pp, and Hipness blush

Fafi Quad 2 is pretty nice, I love the orange color on it. Could I live without it? Yeah, but I bought it. It's okay.. I like it.

Shaundra is right about the sheerness of the lippies... and Ashley is right about them being too glittery.

There is so much you could pass on in this collection. My bf bought a bunch of it for me as a late V-day gift... so I can't complain really though.

i can't believe it's already in Sweden when it hasn't reached France yet >.<

anyway, i like the quads, but i don't know if i could use those e/s apart from the fafi looks, they just look interesting. i'm looking forward Heatherette though, another pink lover here.

Latest posts

Back