Recommendations For Good & Cheap Australian Drugstore Cosmetic Brands?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone could recommend low-end Australian makeup brands (equivalent to NYX, Milani, etc) that are readily available in pharmacies or malls and have a good range of eyeshadow colors that are highly-pigmented and long-wearing?

Thanks!
smile.gif

Rosiiiie !! need your help over here ! lol, i'm sure she'll be able to help you with that
smile.gif

Rosie sent me a RAOK of some Australis and I absolutely love it. Great quality and pigmentation.

I agree with the Face of Australia and Australis recs. Also, Savy by DB is pretty good, as is She.

I bought some Inglot eyeshadow last week in Westfield and wore it that night and it still looked good after 12 hours. Their booths are popping up all over the town in Westfields. Its cheaper than Mac but dearer than the very cheap make up. You might want to check them out.

LOL sorry I didn't reply earlier, my battery on my laptop died so I had to sneak my dad's cable (my rabbit has eaten mine right through!)

inglot is definately nice, I like their range. I also agree with Australis and face of australia, they're really good.

You could also try Bloom, it's gorgeous lip stuff but a bit more expensive, probably more equivilant to l'oreal in terms of expensiveness - more than rimmel or maybelline or covergirl, brands like that, which are cheaper over here.

Good luck!

bad rabbitt !!
eusa_naughty.gif

lol, ok i'll confess my cat has one day eaten my headphones. i was mad !

I love Masquerade, not really cheep stuff but not that bad either. (Masquerade Cosmetics Professional Theatrical Fashion Cosmetic)

I also love Inglot they have some VERY pretty colours!

(I've forgotten what they call it, but I like their version better than the Masquerade Eyeliner Activator as its oil based not alcohol based so it doesn't burn if you use too much and open your eyes too early!)

Thanks, Anthea, Rosie and Raze for the Inglot rec. I had no idea it was available here as I haven't seen it in Brisbane. How are their eyeshadow singles priced?
smile.gif

Here is a photo I posted a week ago in the hauling section. The shadow range I bought in the highlight colour(round black container) is their regular shadows, lots of pretty colours and they are A$20 each. The green shadow I bought ( clear round container) is their premium shadow and has the most pigment, it costs A$25.00, comes in a fancier container too. They have a multi container you can choose any 4 or 5 of their premuim range shadows in an attractive display thingy and I think that was A$45 which would be the best value.

2304562716_e2b90279a2.jpg

I can second the Face of Australia recommendation. I've tried an Australis (powder?) at some stage, and it wasn't brilliant.

Covergirl is what I usually use, but it's not an Australian brand.

Attachment 39696

These are the Inglot colours I got (The shiny white bits are because my camera wasn't working so I had to put clingwrap on my scanner and scan them! The scan is pretty close to the colours in real life (on my monitor). I bought them in a pallet of 5 - you get to chose which you'd like, I think around $45.

The light blue has a slight green/gold sheen. The orange has a slight red sheen or gold sheen depending on the angle. The light green has a gold sheen. The hot pink, aqua green & light brown are almost matt with the slightest sparkle. The purple/navy is really an inky navy (my monitor is throwing a little purple into this colour, not sure if this will happen on all monitors) The same thing with the grey, its a realy nice dark/mid grey, no warmth. And of course black - they had a few blacks - I didn't know which to choose! This one has sliver shimmer, they had ones with gold, multi colours etc.

If you click on the image it'll open in a new window and you'll get a better idea.

Sorry forgot to mention, the Inglot I go to is in Westfields Helensvale Gold Coast. Not sure if they are in Brissy, but I would think they would be.

Inglot is way too expensive...it's almost the price of MAC! I believe Inglot is a Polish brand, hence the high prices.

In that case, ordering NYX from Cherry Culture would be a lot cheaper, even after shipping.
smile.gif

Inglot is a bit on the expensive side. I recommended Australis based on their eyeshadows. Face of Australia has good products in all categories. These are very affordable brands. Bloom make-up is okay too, as far as prices go an eyeshadow will cost 6 Pounds or 12 US dollars, more mid range in other words.

Originally Posted by ColdDayInHell /img/forum/go_quote.gif In that case, ordering NYX from Cherry Culture would be a lot cheaper, even after shipping.
smile.gif
NYX is much cheaper, as I mentioned in another thread i bought a little over 10 NYX pigments from Cherry culture plus one or 2 items, The cost of each pigment (based on a purchase of a little more than 10) inc shipping was less than $3.00 each colour. But I also had to purchase little containers off ebay as the NYX bottles are hopeless for getting the product out so you might want to factor that cost in as well. Locally in the shops you are probably not going to purchase NYX quality at less than $3 each.

Originally Posted by Anthea /img/forum/go_quote.gif NYX is much cheaper, as I mentioned in another thread i bought a little over 10 NYX pigments from Cherry culture plus one or 2 items, The cost of each pigment (based on a purchase of a little more than 10) inc shipping was less than $3.00 each colour. But I also had to purchase little containers off ebay as the NYX bottles are hopeless for getting the product out so you might want to factor that cost in as well. Locally in the shops you are probably not going to purchase NYX quality at less than $3 each.

Thanks for your input, Anthea! I'm specifically looking at their pressed eyeshadow singles/trios. I have lots of loose mineral eyeshadows which I make with supplies from TKB Trading (I get my containers from them too) but I need some pressed eyeshadows for travelling...a little easier to carry around and quicker to apply when you're pressed (hahaharr!) for time.
I've recently bought some NYX pressed eyeshadow singles at Groove priced at 3 for $2...they were clearing old stock. Unfortunately the colors were very limited...mainly blues (I don't look too good in blue!).

By the way, I recently found some Supre pressed eyeshadow singles that were on sale for like a $1 each. I think they usually retail for $3 each. They come in square containers similar to NYX eyeshadows and the quality is as good as NYX, IMO. The downside was their limited range of colors and lack of eye-popping colors...lots of neutrals, though.
smile.gif

In the Canberra westfield malls, CosCut (the chain stores) have their own brandwhich is very well priced. Ingredients look good too
flowers.gif

Face of Australia's products are fantastic.

I have all 3 of their illuminators and I wear them every day

Back