I can't remember if I turned off my flat iron this morning...

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm at work and it's driving me up the wall!!!

What do you think is the worst thing that can happen if it is on??

isnt there a way to quickly go home during a break? is it on a wood table?

I might be able to go at lunch and check... but I wish I didn't have to cuz I have to take bus and I hate taking buses. I'm gonna feel really dumb if it is off...

I know what u mean but at least u know the house is safe

Originally Posted by peachface /img/forum/go_quote.gif I might be able to go at lunch and check... but I wish I didn't have to cuz I have to take bus and I hate taking buses. I'm gonna feel really dumb if it is off...

Yup yvw

Originally Posted by peachface /img/forum/go_quote.gif That's true... thanks.

Not to worry you anymore but my brother in laws first babys mama recently had her whole apartment burn down last sunday due to someone leaving a pot with the stove on in a another apartment. The whole complex burned down to nothing (16 apartments) so when it comes to things like that you never want to take a risk. Better to check and be safe!

I think straigtening irons are desgined so that if you accidently leave them on, they won't explode or anything (haha) but if you left it next to something or on top of something flammable, that is very dangerous. I have left mine on so many times, luckily nothing has happened.

I checked the website and found the model that looks exactly like mine and it listed "Auto off" as one of the features. So I called the company and the person I spoke to said that model should shut off 45-50 minutes after it's turned on. I'm pretty sure I have that model.... unless they kept the look exactly the same but added a new feature to it...

I feel soooo dumb-dumb...

My straight iron has an auto off function, and every hot iron I looked at has an auto off, and this included the cheap ones from Wal-Mart so I think it's pretty much standard now
smile.gif

Realistically, though, in 45 minutes it could still potentially do some damage, but I'm sure it will be fine.

I've accidentally left mine on all day, too. The other I left for work at 8am and got home at 6pm and the dang thing was still on. Luckily, nothing happened and the counter wasn't damaged or anything. Now, I'm trying to get into a habit of unplugging it and not just turning it off.

I usually try to unplug my straightening iron after I use it. It makes me feel better and then atleast I know it is for sure off. Most straighteners should have the Auto off button..

my straighteners have an auto-off. i've discovered this because i've accidently left them on sooo many times and come home to find that thankfully they've turned themselves off. my friend almost burned her house down once because she forgot to unplug her straighteners but before they went to auto-off a piece of paper fell on them and burned! luckily her sister saw and turned them off!

Originally Posted by magneticheart /img/forum/go_quote.gif my straighteners have an auto-off. i've discovered this because i've accidently left them on sooo many times and come home to find that thankfully they've turned themselves off. my friend almost burned her house down once because she forgot to unplug her straighteners but before they went to auto-off a piece of paper fell on them and burned! luckily her sister saw and turned them off! eek!!!! now I'm worried again... I didn't go home at lunch cuz I figured it should be ok with auto-off function.

sorry didn't mean to worry you! if they're not near anything flammable then it will be fine. my friend has notepads and paper everywhere so it just slid off a pile of notebooks and stuff but if you don't have anything like that near it it should be ok

Everything ok?

I've become very religious about unplugging mine when I'm through. I have left the oven on before when leaving to go somewhere and come home to something burning. Kinda scary.

Last week I accidently left my straightener on It was on from 5:30 am to 8:30 pm... yikes!

that's why i got a ghd! it shuts off automaticaly if you forget to leave it on. i think it's after 15 mins. or so.

Latest posts

Back