...And I Almost Got Fired Today.

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
If you read my last thread ranting about the Parent and her son... well, shit hit the fan the other day.

I spoke to my boss about the incident and I told her, after all that - I'm ignoring the lady. She said fine... but I was still looking for my meeting to tell them my side, and everyone is running around and stuff - but me being left in the dark on most things.

On wednesday that mom I've had a problem with came in, me not knowing if she was looking for her son just sat there with my own students - we have walkie talkies and if their kid is not in cafeteria, then we have to walkie talkie them to go home. If we don't acknowledge the parent, all the parent has to say "can you call my kid so and so". Done. So I was waiting on her to ask me, if she didn't - then I wouldn't have known if she needed her kid. So she got another student to call her kids... she would ask a kid to call her sons but not me, hoookay -right?

So I was talking to another kid who was getting kicked out for no reason and the mother just cut in and started yelling at me, calling me unprofessional and blah blah and how I don't acknowledge her. Whatever.

Then she *****ed to my boss and my boss called me in asking for my side of what happen, after I told her that - she understood where I came from and was understanding that it was a mistake.

Well, the mom also *****ed to my main boss and supposely I was going to get either laid off or moved to another school this Monday without warning. Or without listening to my side of the story. BAAAH.

After all is said and done - I'M the one who has to write an appology letter to the mother. Her son gets away without punishment AND I almost got fired. Thank god my boss was there to back my claims up and keep me at my work... but still, it just further more proof how this job does nothing but tries to save their own asses and not look after their own employees.

I told my mom and she said to write the apology, but not until I get my meeting to let my bosses know that every reaction had an action to it. I honestly feel I'm being punished when I was provoked... but no one wants to hear me out. I'm definitely not supportive of the program or a job that takes action without hearing all sides fairly.

I'm only hoping for everything to be settled from now on... I just gotta last in there for another couple of months and I'm done working here... finally!

That sucks!! Your Mom is right, see if you can talk to your boss's boss before you write your letter. Good luck.

I like my job, I can't stand the parents...

Honestly, for any parent out there - a teacher's job is tough and they get blamed for hella stuff because their precious child rather put blame on someone else then themselves.

3 years of this work and I have complete respect for all teachers.

That sucks, if you employer is not going to hear you out fairly in a dispute, it might be worthwhile to keep your eyes and ears open for another job.

Deng girl, I agree, you should listen to your mom and see if you can actually have a sit down talk with your supervisor or higher authority and tell them your side. The worst they can do is not listen to you or whatever. I wouldn't write the letter till someone heard me out first. I dont know how you do it girl. That job would drive me off the WALL! UGhhh I hate parents like that. She's gonna get a fat one coming to her when her son gets older causing havoc. Whatever happens fill us in okay? And keep ur head up! We're all on your side ! =]

Well, my boss recommended I not have a meeting with our other boss because she says, "you might end up hating her because she's very sarcastic and rude." So - I'mma just write that bullshit apology letter and get it over with.

Her son hasn't attended our program since then - and hopefully he won't afterward.

Either way, I got what - 3 months left of work and I'm done with the beyatch! I'll make sure not to recommend that job to folks, so they can suck it. Well, our company sucks not the actual after school programs.

I just read your previous thread. That just sucks. Sorry to hear that Celly.

This is one of the reason I refused the job offer for being a teacher, because I don't think I could face any rude kids lol.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE children but there some that just ummm bleh.

Omg that really would throw me over the edge! You have more patience than me hunny I would have been thrown out that school with the parents head as a keepsake.

We are all on your side Celly hang in there!

WTF ????

hang on Celly, it's only 3 months and then you're done with them and their BS. and look for another job !

My job is the same way. They dont want to hear your side of the story at all. They just assume its your fault and you get written up....grrrr.

I have total respect for teachers and know it can't be easy. Especially dealing with special needs or very young students. My nephew is 4 and god bless his teacher because he gives them a run for their money. My mom (shes his guardian) always sides with his teachers becuase she knows who they're dealing with...lol

Thanks for the support guys!

A bunch of us are leaving the program. I enjoyed it the first year I worked here and under a different company because our boss was really nice and we were more personal with the parents too, because before - in order for the kid to be signed out of the program for the day, they (the parents) had to come up to us and write in the attendance sheets. So that gave way opportunity to talk to them and for them to get to know us.

Now, they have to wait for their kid in a certain place and a lot of the newer parents to new students in the program don't get a feel for us. Because of that lack of communication, they're more less understanding and my co-workers are wussies, they never like speaking to the parents at all and letting them know how they're kids behave. And with our boss and these rules becoming more and more strict - less of a fun environment.

Seriously, the more rules we've gotten - the more complaints we get, the more in trouble we get. I can't wait to leave!

Man, That sucks. Good thing you're leaving in 3 months!
smile.gif

I agree with everybody else.

Do what you need to for the next 3 months. But def. keep yr ears to the ground for a new one. What I read is just plain ridiculous...

i wouldn't be able to put up with a situation like that. i have no patience with

people who are idiots

Back