What guys are reading...

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So in Aprils issue of cosmo they were talking about what men were reading about trends and women...and it said in maxim i believe that a women who drinks champange is a stuck up *****
sleepyhead.gif
......like really? Not many women drink beer because it taste like shit so we go to much tastier things and did they ever think before they wrote this that maybe it was a celebration. I agree with cosmo when they say guys are simple creatures but they just border of damn stupid sometimes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LMAO!! Wonder what they think about women who don't drink at all!! That we're uptight?!

I find Cosmo to be really stupid these days, they always talk about shallow stupid stuff, i used to think it was an interesting read, not anymore though.

I can't read Cosmo anymore either...it seems like they're always trying to tell women what "all men are like and what they like," but their idea of men is stupid. Not ALL men are simple, or jerks, or think about sex all the time. (And for a magazine to promote that is sexist IMO). I guess what I find offensive about the magazine is that they don't realize (or maybe don't care) that that attitude is detrimental to females in general...

haha, agreed, cosmo used to be much better (or did I just imagine it was?) it also seemed a lot more empowering to women ages ago, now it's kind of putting men AND women down (as if all men think that drinking champagne is stuck up!)

Originally Posted by pinksugar /img/forum/go_quote.gif haha, agreed, cosmo used to be much better (or did I just imagine it was?) it also seemed a lot more empowering to women ages ago, now it's kind of putting men AND women down (as if all men think that drinking champagne is stuck up!) Yes, exactly Rosie! It does put women down by sending out the general message of men being a certain way...i.e simple or whatever...as if women really believe that crap.

yeah i agree cosmo has gone down the drain.

its always like "what to do to please your man!"

and "things you shouldnt say to a guy!"

its like wow...

no wonder were all robots now a days.

haha

Cosmo has always been about how to please your man and all that! I don't actually mind that... and whatever, they are also about writing "serious" articles you should be reading in YM or Seventeen- I'm even okay with that.. If you don't know that it's bad you don't change your tampon, then here's a magazine to tell you that it may cause bacterial infections that could lead to serious health issues and (((GASP))) a stinky hoo hoo. It's simplicity sort of reminds me of Tyra, when she's trying to be smart. but if I wanted to read something intellectually stimulating, I would pick up Forbes or Times or National Geographic.

What I am not liking about Cosmo lately is that the Bedside Astrology, the greatest entertainment of the year has turned into crap.

Oh- and Maxim is such waste... like a bunch of college dropouts, ie. the entire Animal House fraternity, decided to write a magazine. Even when looked at as a men's satire, it's still crap! The writing is horrid and repetitive.

I actually feel like Maxim is doing the world a favor by giving their readers tips... it's saving real women from having to be hit on by morons!!!!

Originally Posted by lux.fashion /img/forum/go_quote.gif yeah i agree cosmo has gone down the drain.its always like "what to do to please your man!"

and "things you shouldnt say to a guy!"

its like wow...

no wonder were all robots now a days.

haha

women like material things! Men buy material things to get women. its just that simple. We really dont need Cosmo

Cosmo isnt good anymore at all.... Its the same articles and topics they just change the names every year

Dude, I much prefer reading men magazines then Cosmo now. I mean, not maxim in particular because that's basically a censored version of Playboy. But Esquire or Radar - I much rather read because they things in a humorous aspect that appeals to me and have much interesting reads.

I agree with Jen, they're pulling a Tyra. Haha.

I effin' can't stand Tyra!

I've noticed that as a teenager Cosmo really got my attention in what I thought was more grown up. It used to be to exciting to recieve it every month and see their new tips but now its so repetive. "How To Please Your Man"; "What he really means when he says, 'I'm hungry'"; "6 Ways to Train Your Man" Where's all the female empowerment when everything's about your man?! Now that my subscription ran out I noticed that I cant stand it!!! Of course I did not renew. I much prefer Allure, Marie Claire (they always have some real issues and stuff that actually appeals for you to wear), Glamour, Vogue and Elle. This may not be some of the best mags but at least I can actually read them from front to back with no problem!!

LOL ! i'm really not surprised, in fact this is why i very rarely read any women's magazine. but i always thought cosmo was an interesting read
kopfkratz.gif

I like to read cosmo but i hate the articles about "how to make him fall for you" and "what not to say" "making future plans may freak him out that you are trying to plans your lives together" kind of BS. The sexual ones all seem the same 50 sex tips and all that jazz. And whoever said that thing about tyra i sooooo agree i actually had a long rant about her with a friend about how she tries to seem smart and caring...oh and like a physciatrist ughh

I agree with Glossy Abby. Cosmo recycles their articles every few years.

I read it 20+ years ago when I thought it was a bit risque. Now it's quite boring.

Maxim is a toned down version of Playboy - pictures are anyways. It's an idiot magazine run by idiots marketed to idiots.

i actually like cosmo. but i definately agree on the tyra thing..she tries to act like something she's not.

Every now and then I buy a cosmo when I have the guys over it cus they get a real kick out of reading it. They are totally convinced that there are no men on the writing staff and are just writing what women want to think about men lol

Geez, I like reading Ladies' Home Journal. That's because I'm an old fart!
lol.gif
Just kidding. I don't read cosmo because of the sexual content...not because I am a prude, but because it makes me constantly measure my sex life with the stuff they talk about, and, well, I started feeling neglected. It's a vicious cycle, but anyway...I really do like reading In Touch magazine for the pictures of celebrities and their makeup. I feel bad for buying it, because I know I am paying $$ to those nasty paparazzi people who follow celebrities around, but one every few months is my guilty pleasure.

Sorry, I just totally hijacked this thread with my meaningless response.
lol.gif

Back