Airbrush Makeup!!!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi, I am new here... I have been looking for people with similar outcomes for airbrush makeup... I used the Id BareMinerals, Signature Minerals and Everyday Minerals for the last two years... liked them very much, saw this infomercial (for Luminess Airbrush), thought it was tooooo much money, so I found it on eBay and purchased the pro system there. I just tried playing with it tonight and WOW!!!! I LOVE IT!!! It is better than my mineral powders ten-fold!!! And after watching the DVD (and I have to admit, UTube prior to receiving it), it was so much easier than I thought it was going to be, literally took maybe a total of 6 minutes, this includes foundation, blush and a touch of bronzer (oh, and picking my perfect shade REALLY DID only take about 10 SECONDS!!!)... Anyone else try this? I am sooooo exicited I can't wait to put it on for work tomorrow!!! It is late, I just had to tell someone!
rockwoot.gif
Has anyone else tried this??? What do you think?

I would love to hear other people's comments. This is something I am interested in, but haven't had the courage to try yet.

Originally Posted by kshelia /img/forum/go_quote.gif Hi, I am new here... I have been looking for people with similar outcomes for airbrush makeup... I used the Id BareMinerals, Signature Minerals and Everyday Minerals for the last two years... liked them very much, saw this infomercial (for Luminess Airbrush), thought it was tooooo much money, so I found it on eBay and purchased the pro system there. I just tried playing with it tonight and WOW!!!! I LOVE IT!!! It is better than my mineral powders ten-fold!!! And after watching the DVD (and I have to admit, UTube prior to receiving it), it was so much easier than I thought it was going to be, literally took maybe a total of 6 minutes, this includes foundation, blush and a touch of bronzer (oh, and picking my perfect shade REALLY DID only take about 10 SECONDS!!!)... Anyone else try this? I am sooooo exicited I can't wait to put it on for work tomorrow!!! It is late, I just had to tell someone!
rockwoot.gif
Never heard of it execpt for the air brush body painting.....

I read those reviews as well prior to purchasing my LuminessAir. There website is not fully working, and I think they are still trying to get it completed. I was just so impressed with it, I also watched a bunch of the videos on UTube and had to try it... That's why I looked for it on eBay, I got a much better price on it there. Now, I have had it for less than a week, I have been using it every morning and it is very, very quick and easy now, even goes on much faster than my old routine with my mineral powders. It takes like 5 seconds to clean (and I clean it after each use), and I am absolutely in love with it!!!!

I think it is just a very new product/infomercial and they rushed to get the website up and running to sell them. I am hoping the site is up and running completely in the near future as I would love to check out their other items. There is a section called the luminess store for products and accessories, but it isn't working yet. Anyway, I still love it, I am really glad that I got it.

Originally Posted by easterdawn /img/forum/go_quote.gif Can you share the ingredient list with the forum? I would like to know the ingredients as well. 

Their website "cosmetic store" is finally working but it doesn't have the ingredients listed. The sample bottles that came with my airbrush unit don't have ingredients listed either... I did however purchase a new blush and foundation color and was given a customer service email address so I have emailed them asking for a list of ingredients (hopefully it will be included on their website soon). The ingredients may also be included with my newest order since I am ordering the full sizes. I will post anything I find out, all I know right now is that they are water based and supposed to be a hydrated minerals foundation.

smile.gif

tooooo expensive for me, I spend lots of money on makeup but not all in one place, I will wait and wait till stuff like this gets cheaper~~

Originally Posted by kshelia /img/forum/go_quote.gif Hi, I am new here... I have been looking for people with similar outcomes for airbrush makeup... I used the Id BareMinerals, Signature Minerals and Everyday Minerals for the last two years... liked them very much, saw this infomercial (for Luminess Airbrush), thought it was tooooo much money, so I found it on eBay and purchased the pro system there. I just tried playing with it tonight and WOW!!!! I LOVE IT!!! It is better than my mineral powders ten-fold!!! And after watching the DVD (and I have to admit, UTube prior to receiving it), it was so much easier than I thought it was going to be, literally took maybe a total of 6 minutes, this includes foundation, blush and a touch of bronzer (oh, and picking my perfect shade REALLY DID only take about 10 SECONDS!!!)... Anyone else try this? I am sooooo exicited I can't wait to put it on for work tomorrow!!! It is late, I just had to tell someone!
rockwoot.gif
can you share please where you buying this? its sound very good!

Hi, I'm new here, but airbrushing is what got me on this site to start with. I love my system but want to know more too. Since you have been using it longer than me, can you tell me some tips? Can you use other brands of foundation? Anything would be helpful.

Thanks Lots,

Evenflo

Originally Posted by simisimi100 /img/forum/go_quote.gif can you share please where you buying this? its sound very good! I saw the infomercial and then went to their website (which is getting better), slowly coming about... I in fact just purchased another shade of foundation and blush from their NEW cosmetic store (that portion of the website is finally working)... I didn't purchase my airbrush unit from there however... I found it on eBay, about $98.00 cheaper!
rockwoot.gif

Originally Posted by evenflo /img/forum/go_quote.gif Hi, I'm new here, but airbrushing is what got me on this site to start with. I love my system but want to know more too. Since you have been using it longer than me, can you tell me some tips? Can you use other brands of foundation? Anything would be helpful.Thanks Lots,

Evenflo

Hi, I also like the 02 cosmetics foundations, they provide a bit more coverage, you need to go to the 02cosmetics website, I would also check out the dinair website, they have a ton of cool products, makeup, and information!
As for the warranty specifying that you may only use the Luminess makeup, I have used several others.... the actual airbrush is the SAME as others, very simple to take apart and clean, a couple pieces and a pin (which you can replace easily), and of course the air compressor (which has nothing to do with touching the makeup), there would really be no way for them to know whether you had used other makeup in it or not, it is just a way to get you to spend more money by only being able to purchase their products.... Don't get me wrong, I do like their foundations... but they are shear and I have also enjoyed others as well with better results... 02 cosmetics are one I like, they have both water based and silicone, so does dinair.

I am NOT telling anyone to do anything to VOID their warranty... I just know that the only damage you could do with any kind of foundation makeup or even tanner liquid would be to clog the actual sprayer which is easily rectified by cleaning the pin (also easy to do) and you could always replace a pin if need be at minimal cost.

Anyway, to answer your question... I really have not been using it for very long, in fact I just received it a little over a week ago, but I DO ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!!!!
rockwoot.gif
I have however done a lot of research prior to purchasing which is how I ended up buying it on eBay, and how I came across all the videos on UTube, etc... I was totally ready to play with this when I got it and I have had EXCELLENT results!!! The fun just keeps coming!

As far as tips... I did look like a clown a little bit at first with the blush (why I ordered another shade), but it really is in just applying a VERY small, slight amount... then go outside... look at yourself in REAL light and decide if you need more (this is of course for daytime application)... At night, the sky is the limit!!!! Going out in the evening I have found the airbrushing looks especially flawless!!! Good lighting I suppose!

Anyway, hope this helps... Like I said, I am new too, just excited so far with the results. I will keep you and everyone else here posted as I learn new stuff.
rockwoot.gif

hey sim100. I will tell you that I don't know if u can use it with dry min. make-up. I did try to water down some liquid make-up and use it, DON'T TRY IT! It was a bad thing to do. I had to take the gun apart to clean out the gunk! then I had to remember how it went back together, whew I did it! it does make me wonder if the dry can be added to water, and if that would work though. I might try one of my 4 diff. powders and play with the tap water,LOL. It really does need to be the consistency of water when it goes in the gun. As for the Luminess make-up, it is mineral based.

thanks Sheila! I just discovered the store is up, and seeing as i didn't join the club, my prices will be alot higher,geez. what is your skin tone, and what color blush did you get? I noticed with the blush they sent with the kit, one drop is all that is needed for both cheeks. I really want complete coverage with staying power, no rubbing off, or little of it, I may have to check out other sites. i have medium to tan skin, hazel eyes and very black native american hair, but i have never liked bright blush, eyeshadows, etc. boy i wish they had eyeshadows too!
sheep.gif

Originally Posted by evenflo /img/forum/go_quote.gif hey sim100. I will tell you that I don't know if u can use it with dry min. make-up. I did try to water down some liquid make-up and use it, DON'T TRY IT! It was a bad thing to do. I had to take the gun apart to clean out the gunk! then I had to remember how it went back together, whew I did it! it does make me wonder if the dry can be added to water, and if that would work though. I might try one of my 4 diff. powders and play with the tap water,LOL. It really does need to be the consistency of water when it goes in the gun. As for the Luminess make-up, it is mineral based.
thanks Sheila! I just discovered the store is up, and seeing as i didn't join the club, my prices will be alot higher,geez. what is your skin tone, and what color blush did you get? I noticed with the blush they sent with the kit, one drop is all that is needed for both cheeks. I really want complete coverage with staying power, no rubbing off, or little of it, I may have to check out other sites. i have medium to tan skin, hazel eyes and very black native american hair, but i have never liked bright blush, eyeshadows, etc. boy i wish they had eyeshadows too!
sheep.gif

Dinair.com has some beautiful eyeshadow colors, they even have videos showing how to apply them. I was thinking of purchasing some of their shadow colors.As for my skin tone, I am a fair-medium to tan in the summer with blond hair and blue eyes. Like you, I found out that one drop is enough with the blush (the hard way) I looked like a clown!!! But once you get the hang of it the blush goes on perfectly! I ordered the F2 (lightest foundation) and B1 blush (also the lightest blush) really so that I could blend the colors to lighten some of the darker medium shades. I love how simple it is to blend colors with this system. I also like a really light and natural looking blush.

hi, yea i am at the dinair site now, wow I think i might buy the 25. preview kit, plua a blush, eyeshadow, and maybe even a liner. wow, this is so cool. I hope their foundation has more coverage and stay put power. I'm thinking the glamour collection. after all, what girl could'nt use more glamour.
glasses.gif

Originally Posted by kshelia /img/forum/go_quote.gif I saw the infomercial and then went to their website (which is getting better), slowly coming about... I in fact just purchased another shade of foundation and blush from their NEW cosmetic store (that portion of the website is finally working)... I didn't purchase my airbrush unit from there however... I found it on eBay, about $98.00 cheaper!
rockwoot.gif

Hi, I also like the 02 cosmetics foundations, they provide a bit more coverage, you need to go to the 02cosmetics website, I would also check out the dinair website, they have a ton of cool products, makeup, and information!

As for the warranty specifying that you may only use the Luminess makeup, I have used several others.... the actual airbrush is the SAME as others, very simple to take apart and clean, a couple pieces and a pin (which you can replace easily), and of course the air compressor (which has nothing to do with touching the makeup), there would really be no way for them to know whether you had used other makeup in it or not, it is just a way to get you to spend more money by only being able to purchase their products.... Don't get me wrong, I do like their foundations... but they are shear and I have also enjoyed others as well with better results... 02 cosmetics are one I like, they have both water based and silicone, so does dinair.

I am NOT telling anyone to do anything to VOID their warranty... I just know that the only damage you could do with any kind of foundation makeup or even tanner liquid would be to clog the actual sprayer which is easily rectified by cleaning the pin (also easy to do) and you could always replace a pin if need be at minimal cost.

Anyway, to answer your question... I really have not been using it for very long, in fact I just received it a little over a week ago, but I DO ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!!!!
rockwoot.gif
I have however done a lot of research prior to purchasing which is how I ended up buying it on eBay, and how I came across all the videos on UTube, etc... I was totally ready to play with this when I got it and I have had EXCELLENT results!!! The fun just keeps coming!

As far as tips... I did look like a clown a little bit at first with the blush (why I ordered another shade), but it really is in just applying a VERY small, slight amount... then go outside... look at yourself in REAL light and decide if you need more (this is of course for daytime application)... At night, the sky is the limit!!!! Going out in the evening I have found the airbrushing looks especially flawless!!! Good lighting I suppose!

Anyway, hope this helps... Like I said, I am new too, just excited so far with the results. I will keep you and everyone else here posted as I learn new stuff.
rockwoot.gif

thank you !!its seems to me very intresting but with a huge had ake!

am I right?

Originally Posted by evenflo /img/forum/go_quote.gif hey sim100. I will tell you that I don't know if u can use it with dry min. make-up. I did try to water down some liquid make-up and use it, DON'T TRY IT! It was a bad thing to do. I had to take the gun apart to clean out the gunk! then I had to remember how it went back together, whew I did it! it does make me wonder if the dry can be added to water, and if that would work though. I might try one of my 4 diff. powders and play with the tap water,LOL. It really does need to be the consistency of water when it goes in the gun. As for the Luminess make-up, it is mineral based.
sheep.gif

thank you!Im still dont know if it will be good for me..

I using in the wet method.. but I dont know if the hairbrush will be good for me.. its kind of professional thing?

do you think you can use this on the body to hide things like scars, stretch marks, tattoos, and etc.?

Originally Posted by Passion4U /img/forum/go_quote.gif do you think you can use this on the body to hide things like scars, stretch marks, tattoos, and etc.? Absolutely! I haven't tried the body stuff yet, but I am going to soon, the tanning sprays I think, or a bronzer. You can do body tattoos also. You should check out the Dinair website, they have a ton of information and different kinds of makeup.

Back