What are your favorite makeup looks on yourself?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Recently Ive been finding looks that ive tried that look GREAT on other people that just dont suit me at all. I have also found some looks that really bring out my natural beauty & compliments my eye color [medium green]. At the moment I have 2 complete favorites: a purple smokey eye & some pink mess =D

Pink Mess

l_fdce0261cd821def54f04182939fd008.jpg

with that look there is hardly any NATURAL anything to it. haha.

but with the smokey eye, i find that purple really suits my green eyes better than any other smokey eye ive tried.

I was wondering what your favorite look on yourself is.

include pictures &/or descriptive details!

this will be fun. =]

Oh, yeah - I LOVE looking at colorful or "intricate" looks on others, graphic liner, winged liner, smokey styles, all that.

But what seems to work best on my own face is a fairly simple application - midtone on lid, slightly deeper tone into socket and onto browbone a little bit, maybe a deeper tone on outer corner, subtle highlight right under brow. My eyes are slightly hooded and slightly downturned, and liner just doesn't look right on me, I think.

I can change out the colors but seem to have the best luck with golden browns, coppers, dark auburn and red tones.

-b.

I have blue eyes and I love doing soft yet smokey brown/taupe eyes and I also like the natural look.

I stick with grey, black, brown, and navy more than anything. Occasionaly Ill do some different color like red or purple or blue. While I love seeing bright colors and dramatic styles on other people, I dont think it really suits me unless there is an occasion. And even then I stick to dark color and false eyelashes, because bright colors just make me look really bad
frown.gif

Originally Posted by cheller /img/forum/go_quote.gif Recently Ive been finding looks that ive tried that look GREAT on other people that just dont suit me at all. I have also found some looks that really bring out my natural beauty & compliments my eye color [medium green]. At the moment I have 2 complete favorites: a purple smokey eye & some pink mess =D
Pink Mess

http://a129.ac-images.myspacecdn.com...82939fd008.jpg

with that look there is hardly any NATURAL anything to it. haha.

but with the smokey eye, i find that purple really suits my green eyes better than any other smokey eye ive tried.

I was wondering what your favorite look on yourself is.

include pictures &/or descriptive details!

this will be fun. =]

Very pretty, what did you use??
For me, I do a lot of peachy/rusty colored looks. And also soft or vivid purple/fuchsia looks. I think that those and also burgandies bring out my greenish blue eyes.

Recently I just discovered that using brown eyeliner makes my eyes pop! I have hazel eyes more on the brown side and it makes them look much more green. I always wore heavy black liner, LOVE thick liquid lines with bright shadows but now for a day look I have switched over to brown liner, coral and brown shadows and I love it. I never liked a more subtle look but its really growing on me now.

love the pictures... i usually use browns, bronzes,etc, but my next trip to mac i want to try plums and maybe something else for more color !!

Originally Posted by kaylin_marie /img/forum/go_quote.gif Very pretty, what did you use??
For me, I do a lot of peachy/rusty colored looks. And also soft or vivid purple/fuchsia looks. I think that those and also burgandies bring out my greenish blue eyes.

i used a hot pink shadow from hot topic, & wetnwild megaliner in black, & blackdiamond from aromaleigh.com, & mascara. thats all. =]
& i do agree that the pinks DO bring out your eyecolor. very pretty.

So far, a natural look. I must admit I haven't experimented too much with more dramatic makeup. I have done a few smoky eyes that I have liked. Seeing all the looks on this site makes me want to branch out! I am actually interested in trying an old Hollywood glam look, but my winged eye still needs work.
tongue.gif

I go for a really natural look!

Not into going out and wearing a lot of makeup

unless it's for a party or something.

lol

Originally Posted by ColdDayInHell /img/forum/go_quote.gif These are some of my favorite looks I have done recently: Attachment 39778Attachment 39779Attachment 39780

Attachment 39781Attachment 39783Attachment 39784

Attachment 39785Attachment 39786Attachment 39787

Attachment 39788

It's quite obvious I love purple and winged black eyeliner a lot!
rotfl.gif

lol ! the one in your avatar is my favorite
smile.gif

i love turquoise eyeshadow ! seriously i collect all the tealish eyeshadows, i haven't found the perfect one yet (i don't have Parrot though). so either it's turquoise all over the eye with just a thin line of kajal ; or turquoise paired with other eyeshadows, green, yellow, pink, purple.

today i went for a neutral look with just Petalescent all over the lid, but i had to line my eyes with my turquoise liner.
rotfl.gif

I used to think that pink and sky blue tones suits me best. I'm blond with blue eyes and white white face. Cold pink and blue tones made my face to look like even colder and whiter. So I switched to browns (bought some MAC and TBS shimmer cubes). And they are awesome! Now my face has some healhy glow and it doesn't look too white (well, I do love my skin colour
smile.gif
).

I also love pink and green mix. In summer, when I get a bit tanned
smile.gif

liquid eyeliner + kayal + mascara

or

kayal + eyeshadow (brown, purple, brown, dark blue...) + mascara

I like my winged liner and think I look ok with it, but I like myself with more natural makeup personally. I wear lots of eyeliner at school & work and I think I would just look weird without it in those places. But in the summer or weekends, I like to just do well arched brows, mascara, powder, and gloss...

I do the natural look with pops of color like bright pink gloss, which is one of my favorites.

Originally Posted by cheller /img/forum/go_quote.gif i used a hot pink shadow from hot topic, & wetnwild megaliner in black, & blackdiamond from aromaleigh.com, & mascara. thats all. =]
& i do agree that the pinks DO bring out your eyecolor. very pretty.

I'm ordering some stuff from aromaleigh later on this week, I think I'm gonna add black diamond to my list. It's beautiful with that pink. I love hot topic makeup too!!

Back