Comfortable Heels?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have wider feet. Not necessarily wide enough to have to wear special shoes but if I do they feel better! Any wider feet ladies out there with the same problem? What brands make a more comfortable roomy heel?

I just got a new pair from Nine West. They feel good but the heel is way to high! I am in trouble!!

I have the same problem, sort of wide feet...I just have to try heels on in the store before buying. No online shopping for me
frown.gif
I'm also curious to hear if anyone knows of any brands that tend to run wider.

My feet are a bit wider and I love Nine West's fit for shoes.

Nine West also has a W fit I believe which is meant for wider feet.

Payless has shoes for people with wider feet too.

I am an Australian 10.5 - 11 which I think is a US 12, I have problems too.

I have the same problem..although I don't technically have wide feet...my bones protrude on the toe side... people think they're corns...LOL. I would always be like, no they're just abnormally shaped bones!
smile.gif
Anyway, there's not one particular store that I'd say I found good shoes...Payless is good...they have "W" sizes for "wide". I also found some at Ross...there's one pair of sandals I bought from there that said "Madden Girl"...not sure if that's Steve Madden.
smile.gif

Payless is good for finding wide shoes but I find that their shoes overall are not very comfortable, and they don't last to long with regular wear. I got a great pair of boots there, I loved them but they only lasted me two months before the heel wore down and the nail was showing!

For the ladies with bigger feet if you don't mind wearing used shoes I see a lot of larger sizes listed on craigslist for sale. I also see a lot of smaller sizes! Never my size :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />!!!

I agree with whats been said about payless. They do have wider sizes, but i often buy a bigger size so i can wear insoles because their shoes tend to have NO PADDING.... Having said that, most of by shoes are from payless because i wear a 9.5 - 10 wide and they are damn hard to find. Aldo is useless to me. Sometimes I can find stuff at winners, but with winners you have ot be constantly checking. ON a slightly different note, is it more of a North American thing to have wider or bigger shoes? I ask because when I was shopping in Germany, France, and Ireland, I couldnt find ANY shoes in my size.

I think in Europe their feet tend to be smaller or that's what I've heard. But I know for luxury designers, they do carry much larger sizes.

I have just the opposite problem my feet are very narrow and it's super hard to get shoes to fit...open toed shoes are almost a never.

as for comfort.....get a moderate height, thicker heel........and get gelin'!!!!!!!!

i have super wide feet.. and the one that i love is Steve Maddens i have a pair that are super super high but comfortable and easy to walk in.... and i recently bought a pair of ankle boots by him also.. and they are as well comfortable... the thing i find with that brand tho.. is that you have to buy a bigger size for it to fit well... like i wear and 8.5-9 and both those shoes are a 10.. but they don't look funny and they fit great.. i love them.. and i am a college kid on a budget and both of those shoes came out of Marshalls for $20 each....... yes!! Maddens for $20......

Ohh yeah i forgot too add.. i have FLAT feet as well.. sooo the gel insoles!! are thee best!

I have a pair of Anne Klein iflex shoes that I got at Ross for $25. The leather is baby soft, and they are super comfortable to wear. I tend to have wide feet and these don't pinch me at all. I would say heels around 2" are the most comfortable. The closer you get to 3" and above the harder it is to find them comfortable to wear(just my opinion of course). I have heard great things about Söfft shoes. Apparently they have memory foam in the soles of the shoes. I haven't had the money to invest in a pair yet, and so far the styles that have come through Marshalls have not been any that interest me.

I always look for leather heels. There is plenty of info online about how to break them in without killing your feet. Cheapie shoes from Payless do not break in well(that has been my experience anyway), and I can usually find leather shoes on the cheap at discount stores for about the same price. I have a super cute pair of snakeskin print leather Issac Mizrahi pumps from Target that I got on clearance for $7.49 and they are comfortable, but I think he is no longer making shoes for Target.

Back