New makeup books

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
what do you guys think of these books that are coming out next month on amazon... wonder if they will be worth buying???

sephora the ultimate guide and eye candy

i'm interested in the sephora book. i might pick that one up depending on the reviews it gets.

With so much information and videos free on the internet I find it hard to shell out money for the books. They would have to have some really great information, even then I would probably look for it at half price books.
tongue.gif

i think im going to order them both, i like books, you have it hard copy and in wonderful color infront of you, no need to drag a compouter around. i cant tell you the amount of times ive used my kevyn aucoin books or just handed them to clients to look at so they can get a few ideas of what they want

I'm interested in the Sephora book but I'll probably browse through it at the bookstore first. A lot of makeup books tend to give the same information over and over again.

I just checked my local library's web site and they have the Sephora book on order, so I put it on my waiting list.

I think i will get both of them also.. i like to have a hard copy too rather the computer.. if i dont like one of them i can always trade it.. but both of them to me look pretty good... now mac needs to come out with one..haha

Originally Posted by internetchick /img/forum/go_quote.gif With so much information and videos free on the internet I find it hard to shell out money for the books. They would have to have some really great information, even then I would probably look for it at half price books.
tongue.gif
i agree i went to my a borders bookstore and spent hrs flipping through some of the books and to me i haven't seen anything so WWOW i can't do it....i had a handy notepad for notes though
usually i flip through cotoure magazines like vogue or harper's bazaar for inspiration

I just went ahead and pre-ordered both books.. hope they are great.. they look good !!

a no no for ultimate guid the eyes on the cover looks awful. I personally like watching video for learning makup or hair style. I have Camron hair styling DVD I will upload it ....I dont know admin will read this or not, if he/she give us access to video page it will be great bcz 800 post is lot to post.

oh by the way ppl who lives in London u might know or not there is shop called Book wear House and all the books there r cheap like £3, £5 and they r brand new books, u can find make up books, massage, cooking and much more. the shop is one in Oxford street.....google it you will find the the shop and location......from there I bought a book how to make your own make up it looks easy to do but I have not tried yet..

yea i agree with people on here. i personally prefer videos. much easier. but everybody learn in different ways. wait to see what other people have to say about these when they have purchased it.

its about time sephora put books out....

they look really cool, but id gotta see them in person first.

I'd love to look in the Eye Candy book.... After you buy them let us know what you thing, please!!! Thanks...

Back