My minerals are jumping!?!!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Don't think I'm crazy, but I swear my minerals were moving around today. When I bought my sample kit from Everyday Minerals, I also bought a large sifter jar. I have a sample foundation in the sifter jar and I added another color to mix, but don't remember what brand. Anyway, they have been in this sifter for about a month and I have been using this foundation, but not every day.

This morning, I turned the container over and back up, took the lid off and set it on my counter. The minerals looked like they were in little balls and I swear they were jumping around like fleas, but then they stopped. So I tapped the lid and it did it again. Then I picked up the sifter and looked up at the bottom and they were moving. I was starting to get freaked out, thinking maybe there are bugs in my minerals, so I checked all my other minerals and they are not doing this (but they are all in small sample jars). They are all kept in the same place. Then I put the lid back on the "jumping" minerals, shook the container to mix it up a bit and tried again. This time the minerals looked smooth and were not jumping, but I still didn't use them.

Please tell me this is static electricity or something and not bugs. Has anyone else ever seen this or am I the only crazy one?

I have a small ionic breeze plugged into the wall next to my bathroom mirror, right where I apply my minerals. Maybe it is that?

Originally Posted by laurie_lu /img/forum/go_quote.gif Sounds like static electricity to me. That's what I was thinking too - must have been funny to see!

I think it's bugs. ................... Just joking!! Has to be static, unless you've left your MMU in the kitchen next to the dirty dishes........

Isn't it cool how we get a little science mixed in with our daily beauty routines! It's one of the reasons I love mineral make-up. I don't feel like I'm just globbing a lot of goop on my face to make myself pretty.
smile.gif

How funny, yep it's static and the ionic breeze just makes it jump more.

I create my own minerals have same problem that labrat81 reported when mixing and blending. It's got a life of it's own.

Jenn

Originally Posted by laurie_lu /img/forum/go_quote.gif Sounds like static electricity to me. EXACTLY what I thought! Either that or you've got Mexican jumping beans mixed into your minerals. EEEEEK!
moa.gif

I had those as a kid and they were funky - anyone else remember those! Oh the good ole days!

Thanks for making me smile today!

CooCoo
sheep.gif

My powders jump sometimes, too. Particularly after swirling them around a lot. Yep, just static electricty... Nothing to worry about.
smile.gif

Latest posts

Back